What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished up the install of my Mark's Pipes yesterday afterwork. My system is 4 into 2, has 12" cans with 2.5" outlets, and no turndown tips.

Pardon my ignorance, but what brand is that pipe; is it a "Mark's Pipe?" Looks great, where are they available?

I'm thinking about ditching my cobra slip ons for a real exhaust, and that one looks great. How's the sound?

Pardon my ignorance, but what brand is that pipe; is it a "Mark's Pipe?" Looks great, where are they available?

I'm thinking about ditching my cobra slip ons for a real exhaust, and that one looks great. How's the sound?
The exhaust is made by Mark of Mark's Performance Pipes. This is his website which has sound clips and video's on his exhaust.
As you will hear, the sound is awesome but you really need to hear it in person to get the full effect. That goes for most any exhaust your interested in, hearing it in person is the only way to decide. Hit the Vmax rally's and I'm sure you'll hear just what you're looking for.

Hey boomer, check out the exhaust forum, I put a sound clip in there of my new exhaust.

Brian or Mike, I gotta know....what are those little springs for that hook between the pipes and the cans? There's gotta be more than that holding the pipes in there!! :biglaugh:

Brian or Mike, I gotta know....what are those little springs for that hook between the pipes and the cans? There's gotta be more than that holding the pipes in there!! :biglaugh:
Two springs and precision fit, and I mean precision, it takes precise alignment and a some twisting action to get them to slide into place. All the joints were this way for my install. I was impressed how exact everything fit.:worthy:

The springs help hold it all together. Well, springs with duct tape assist! But really, there are no clamps that hold the the head pipes to the collector or collector to the mufflers. Just all tight, slip fit tubing. No gaskets other than the factory ones where the pipe meets the cyl. head. I was considering putting a high temp sealant on the the joints while assembling but in talking to Mark (the manufacturer, not Maleko!)He didn't feel it was necessary. As far as I can tell there are no leaks.

Did the scoop repolish yesterday. Funny how it seemed like it didn't really need it, but when you put them side by side, one freshly polished and the other not, there's such a difference. It's like, "Dang, these things were dull!"

Well boys i rode the 09 yesterday for the first time,it took me this long to post because i haven't stop shaking yet.I honestly think i got scared a few times,i new it was going to be powerful but this thing is un fucking real.It feels like it is ready to rip the head off something at any given time,sounds very angry.I didnt get any pics like i promised,to busy with the rebuild and anticapation of riding,please forgive me.:worthy:

Well today I dropped the bike in the dirt. :bang head:

Doesn't happen very often. Last time was 20 years ago!!!!

Traveling on the tarmac towards the local naval air field and decided to use the off verge turning area near the front gates to trun around and head back to town. Some genius decided that a 1 foot earth mound speed hump was a good 'safety' feature to have about 20 meters off the shoulder :bang head:

Saw it at the last minute but braking on the loose gravel was like trying to stop on marbles. Front locked up and down I went. Bike has a few minor scratches. Shit happens. :rofl_200:

Well today I dropped the bike in the dirt. :bang head:

Doesn't happen very often. Last time was 20 years ago!!!!

Traveling on the tarmac towards the local naval air field and decided to use the off verge turning area near the front gates to trun around and head back to town. Some genius decided that a 1 foot earth mound speed hump was a good 'safety' feature to have about 20 meters off the shoulder :bang head:

Saw it at the last minute but braking on the loose gravel was like trying to stop on marbles. Front locked up and down I went. Bike has a few minor scratches. Shit happens. :rofl_200:

shit man... i assume since ur laughing about it ur ok, which is good....

let me know if you need some of the simple parts, levers, mirrors or whatever...

let me know if you need some of the simple parts, levers, mirrors or whatever...

Yeah, I'm fine.

Bike has minor scratches and most of them have already been polished out.

The sequel was that when I picked up the bike and tried to restart it the battery was flat as a tack. The flat battery had also happened 3 days ago when I went to get fuel.

I push started it the bike and re-checked the battery when I got home. Almost zero charge!!!!!

The R/R was giving out around 14 volts at its terminals but I only had about 12 point bugger all across the battery poles when the bike was running.

Traced the R/R lines to the connectors and found that the earth side connector resistance (part of the original factory wiring harness) was so high it had heated the plastic housing to melting point which then effectively insulated and isolated the earth connection from the R/R to the battery pole.

A 21 year old wiring harness sure does conceal some corrosion.

Cleaned it up and all is now good.

Thanks for the offer of parts but I'm good.

Hey GArret,
Do you have an extra stock mirror stem ? I`ve been useing one from the honda and it looks like shit(it`s old and rusty)
<<Dave>>

going to take max out for a little ride to poke around at the dealer for a little while and then to the auto parts to look at thermostats, bring it home and give it a bath. I`m going to try to ride it as much as I can this week because Friday I have to put it on "non op." :bang head:
The world really sucks when you can`t come up with a peasly $75.00
for registration.
Maybe 190 can loan me some of his wife`s millions LOL :rofl_200:
<<Dave>>

Got some AIR this weekend; was going down this small backroad by the lake, and came upon a low-water crossing in a creek. No time to slow down (was doing maybe 40), so I stood up to "motocross" across the bumps. It wasn't that big and I didn't feel in any danger.

When I hit the other side of the crossing I got air, lol. I could feel the front wheel cross up a bit and feel the back go up and come down. Surprisingly easy, but no, I won't be doing any Evil Knievel stunts any time soon, lol. I was just surprised how easy she took flight, I don't think I've ever had a street bike in the air like that.

Hey GArret,
Do you have an extra stock mirror stem ? I`ve been useing one from the honda and it looks like shit(it`s old and rusty)
<<Dave>>

i have an extra stock mirror assembly as a whole if that works.. what side? they're on a buddies bike right now but i'd rather someone have them on a bike that works... hah

going to take max out for a little ride to poke around at the dealer for a little while and then to the auto parts to look at thermostats, bring it home and give it a bath. I`m going to try to ride it as much as I can this week because Friday I have to put it on "non op." :bang head:
for registration.
<<Dave>>

ohh.. hey dave (190) where are ya?? theres a new charity, donate to dave (626)'s registration costs!!!

Got some AIR this weekend; was going down this small backroad by the lake, and came upon a low-water crossing in a creek. No time to slow down (was doing maybe 40), so I stood up to "motocross" across the bumps. It wasn't that big and I didn't feel in any danger.

When I hit the other side of the crossing I got air, lol. I could feel the front wheel cross up a bit and feel the back go up and come down. Surprisingly easy, but no, I won't be doing any Evil Knievel stunts any time soon, lol. I was just surprised how easy she took flight, I don't think I've ever had a street bike in the air like that.

haha i do that every once in a while, its fun!

Yeah, I'm fine.

Bike has minor scratches and most of them have already been polished out.

The sequel was that when I picked up the bike and tried to restart it the battery was flat as a tack. The flat battery had also happened 3 days ago when I went to get fuel.

I push started it the bike and re-checked the battery when I got home. Almost zero charge!!!!!

The R/R was giving out around 14 volts at its terminals but I only had about 12 point bugger all across the battery poles when the bike was running.

Traced the R/R lines to the connectors and found that the earth side connector resistance (part of the original factory wiring harness) was so high it had heated the plastic housing to melting point which then effectively insulated and isolated the earth connection from the R/R to the battery pole.

A 21 year old wiring harness sure does conceal some corrosion.

Cleaned it up and all is now good.

Thanks for the offer of parts but I'm good.

glad to hear it man!

Ask Mark about getting BIG air on a ride at thunder a few years ago. I'm not talking a simple bump either. It was so fun we almost turned around and did it again. We were doing way in the triple digits.

Sean

for registration.
<<Dave>>

Feel fortunate ,....My registration this year is $1233.00 , and thats with a total of 5 merits (bonus"s for your license).
We get raped here in auto insurance ,...it's government run. Communism , profiteering, gouging, money grab,....call what ever.

just took off and got lost, a great ride, don't get any better than finding new roads, screw the maps, i love doing this. dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back