What is this little washer?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea Rusty, but I think it may have been a good thing you had a magnetic drain plug. Did you cut the filter apart....see what was in there?

When I first saw it Rusty I thought that it looks like the washer that goes on those strange fuel hose clamps on some Max's...more common on Ventures but sometimes on Max's too. There are 4 different tiny little parts to them and are a bastard to get back together and clamped on the fuel line.

No idea if that is one of them or how in hell it would find it's way into the base.....:confused2:

If he had his air box off removing his carbs the crank case breather pipe is right there sticking straight up. If it fell into the crank case breather pipe could it make its way into the crank case? It sure does look like the washer Dano mentioned.

When I first saw it Rusty I thought that it looks like the washer that goes on those strange fuel hose clamps on some Max's...more common on Ventures but sometimes on Max's too. There are 4 different tiny little parts to them and are a bastard to get back together and clamped on the fuel line.

No idea if that is one of them or how in hell it would find it's way into the base.....:confused2:

Id say its the washer from the fuel hose clamp. Ive dropped the damn thing enough to know it anywhere, lol.

If he had his air box off removing his carbs the crank case breather pipe is right there sticking straight up. If it fell into the crank case breather pipe could it make its way into the crank case? It sure does look like the washer Dano mentioned.
Joe, I'm thinkin that's the only thing it could be. Nick cleaned my carbs & it may have been from that. I plan on taking a 400mi round trip to Santa Barbra this summer, the last thing I need is a busted tranny. You guys have been a great help.....THANKS!!:worthy:

Joe, I'm thinkin that's the only thing it could be. Nick cleaned my carbs & it may have been from that. I plan on taking a 400mi round trip to Santa Barbra this summer, the last thing I need is a busted tranny. You guys have been a great help.....THANKS!!:worthy:

Rusty....buddy.....:ummm:

Thanks Rusty, but most of the credit goes to dannymax and adambweird, I just thought of the way it could enter the crank case. It's good to have a drain plug that is magnetized, some bikes have them some don't......

Rusty....buddy.....:ummm:

I'm just 'funnin' Rusty here and heard nothing but good things about Nick But it is a good thing he had the magnetic drain plug.

I understand hose clamps aren't the greatest thing in the world but man....that hose clamp they came up with is just pure bullshit! Jeez, at least peen the end of the bolt so the stupid washer doesn't fall off!

Must be a Jap thing because Nissan has them all over their cars, they dropped the ball on this clamp:confused2:

I'm just 'funnin' Rusty here and heard nothing but good things about Nick But it is a good thing he had the magnetic drain plug.

I understand hose clamps aren't the greatest thing in the world but man....that hose clamp they came up with is just pure bullshit! Jeez, at least peen the end of the bolt so the stupid washer doesn't fall off!
That clamp went in my trash after the 1st time I undid it. Dropping stuff in the engine sucks. I had a friend...........
Steve-o

I changed my oil several times since Nick did the carbs, so it took a long time for that washer to finally reach the magnet:hmmm:

Guess it's even possible that it was a washer that sat down on the motor for god knows how long...then tumbled into the oil fill during a change....maybe Nick didn't have a thing to do with it!

Does Harley use those clamps? Maybe it was one of the parts that fell off a Harley you were following once....always parts bouncing around behind them! :rofl_200:

Back