Where can I get those chrome caps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I just had a HandGrab chromed and Sean told me that I need to get a chrome plug that fits into the open space where the bolts go intot he handgrab mounting wholes.

Can they be go at any local auto parts store ??

wwould appreciaetd th help

Thanks

Ron

i'm not sure what a hand grab is , but go to a harley davidson dealer & on there chrome parts rack , they have all different size push in chrome & stainless push in buttons , but don't worry , there all made in japan , like everything else at harley !

I know you could get new caps from Yamaha for the handlebar riser and use them there (and extras could even be installed into the allens on the triples). You may be able to find some at places like Grainger or other hardware supply stores.

Sean

Stock is the way to go on these as they are a larger diameter. The ones sold at like J&P cycles and what not JUST cover the head whereas the stockers cover the entire hole.

Chris

Go to www.ronayers.com and check out the online microfiche.

As normal my dealership thinks I'm talking greek, nobody has ever heard of these caps. I looked on the link you gave me and it shows the image below but when I click on that part number nothing says it's chrome??? Is the part that I have the arrow pointing to correct?

handgrab.jpg

thats what u want as long as its not the blacked out '05 and up i believe ish...

i tried looking up the part #'s for the handlebars or the fork clamp bolts and neither part is available

Plugs? Screw that put a bolt on the inside and slam a big-ass chrome pike nut on there!

Well it took me 3 dealerships and finally at the Yamaha dealership it took 3 parts guys and 15 minutes to figure out what I wanted. You'd think they would know what parts they have, I had to bring them out and show them on another bike...

But look what I got !!! :eusa_dance:

caps.jpg

Back