Where do you lift your bike?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
I have a 4 into 1 header, no center stand. This winter the wheels are comming off of the Max and I was curious where the heck you guys pick these things off the ground from?

I have a 4 into 1 header, no center stand. This winter the wheels are comming off of the Max and I was curious where the heck you guys pick these things off the ground from?

That's the number one reason why I went with a 4-2 system. Dale Walker (www.holeshot.com) makes a rear padock stand for them. I leave my stand off but install when servicing. You can lift it with straps.

The rear,I just stick the center stand in.the front I put a floor jack under the front of the motor and use a block of wood on it. Shakey though.

Yeah, shaky is right...almost lost it when adjusting my steering bearings. Mark's rear headers dip down unevenly and doesn't work well. Now, I just use a floor jack and lift up from bottom crankcase...then put one jack stand under each engine guard cross bar and lower the floor jack.

Mark

This is sounding like a pain the ass then. I bought the bike with the exhaust on it, so guess what? I don't have the center stand.

Sounds like I'll be purchasing case guards then, just to set jack stands under. What if say I wanted to leave my back tire off for a weekend while I clean it up?

This is sounding like a pain the ass then. I bought the bike with the exhaust on it, so guess what? I don't have the center stand.

Sounds like I'll be purchasing case guards then, just to set jack stands under. What if say I wanted to leave my back tire off for a weekend while I clean it up?

What type of exhaust do you have? I have a Kerker so it has no center stand. I have one on those bike jacks and I just lift it on the pipes that run under the bike. It hasn't crushed or damaged the pipes. I attached a picture of the type of jack I use.

Attachments

• hydralic.motorcycle.jack.JPG
    hydralic.motorcycle.jack.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 29
It's a Hindle 4 into 1 header. Pipes run under the bike.

VMax3.jpg

UFO exhaust, No center stand. (although I think you can keep your center stand with this exhaust I had already removed mine) The motorcycle jacks that are so popular are too shaky but do work, but I don't like picking up a 600lb bike by a lightweight exhaust.

I lift mine using 3 floor jacks, the first two go on the frame slider/case savers that Cycle-one off sells, like $gasem has one his bike.

The 3rd jack goes under one of the frame tabs that hang down from where the centerstand used to hang from.

Rock solid as hell.
Rusty

It's a Hindle 4 into 1 header. Pipes run under the bike.

Hmm, the Hindles cross over each other underneath don't they? The Kerkers run side by side so you have a "flat" lifting surface. Probably the Walker padock stand might be the best bet. Although I seem to remember someone sell a lift made for the VMax that lifts the bike by the footpeg mounts. I'll see if I can find that again.

Werd, I'll have to check it out.

A lot of people remove them as they are a bit ugly and weigh about 2 pounds... 4WARND has the same system but has a Holeshot can and he puts the stand back on for servicing like I do.:thumbs up:

I only use the centerstand for working on the bike then remove it for riding. I never hook up the spring.
I then strap via the handle bars via my roof beams for balance.
It cannot tip over.
With the straps in tension I can take off both wheels if I need to, but I usually only take off the front, or the back.

vbgarage.php

I have a kerker 4-2-1 exhaust and use a motorcycle jack - works good. For taking off wheels, etc... I use a strap on the back and front to a roof joist for extra security.

Quarterhorse, maybe using this lift with a 4X4 piece of wood on the side without the exhaust will even things out?

Attachments

• maxlift.jpg
    maxlift.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 69
I think I could use 2 4x4 pieces of wood, and run them along the frame and do it that way. I'm not lifting the bike on the exhaust that's for certain.

Although I did score a center stand this weekend from Jeff who was more that gratious in giving that up. I should be fine for a while with that.

I have a jack like Busters, I still have the stock exhaust so it has the center stand. I use it all the time. I going to eventually rig something up so I the bikes weight isn't on the pipes when I lift it. I got the jack last year for Christmas and have never used it - go figure eh ! Doesn't look like its going to get done anytime soon either they are calling for snow tonight and tomorrow.....:surprise:

Back