where is the best deal for shocks replacement ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need to replace my rear shocks due to my last crash, where can I find the best deal ?
I will love to get a set of 440, but might be out of my budget since I need to replace some other things.

I usually see those for $550-660 without shipping ($80 extra) which might be already half my budget for fixing the bike.

412, 416, 418, 430 models ? or anything else than progressive ?

Why the 418 are more expensive than the 440 ?

What are your feedbacks in general about 2nd one, even good one ?

Thanks for the feedback, I need to take a decision very soon.

Sean has very good pricing on them. Check his prices out:

Front Forks (Incudes Shipping for your price!!!):
Springs kit $92.95 Retail vs $80 your price - front springs only
Springs with lowering kit $118.95 Retail vs $100 your price - front springs and lowering kit.

Rear Shocks - ALL HD Versions though regular is available and sometimes cheaper. Note: not all lengths are available in the HD versions - (Add $15 for shipping):
412’s – MKY - $299.95 Retail vs $215 your price - chrome
418’s – NLS - $543.95 Retail vs $400 your price - aluminum body
430’s – NLM - $544.95 Retail vs $400 your price - Billet Body - Black or Chrome
440’s – EYM - $645.95 Retail vs $475 your price - chrome.
440’s – YKS - $590.95 Retail vs $430 your price - Black Coated.

All other progressive shocks are 20% off retail. Inquire if you have any questions.

Hi guys,

I need to replace my rear shocks due to my last crash, where can I find the best deal ?
I will love to get a set of 440, but might be out of my budget since I need to replace some other things.

I usually see those for $550-660 without shipping ($80 extra) which might be already half my budget for fixing the bike.

412, 416, 418, 430 models ? or anything else than progressive ?

Why the 418 are more expensive than the 440 ?

What are your feedbacks in general about 2nd one, even good one ?

Thanks for the feedback, I need to take a decision very soon.
I think they are more expensive because they have adjustable rebound damping making them more tuneable.

I see automatic rebound damping vs customized one depending if you're meticulous or not.
Pricing of sean seems to be nice, just sad I didn't get the super deal on DennisKirk.com last time since I didn't need it really. Instead I got a set of ricor intiminators i still need to mount.

I LOVE the look of my 440's. Quality solid pieces IMO. I haven't ridden with them yet, but that's coming VERY soon...

Chris

Probably a stupid question here, but hey, I've asked stupider :biglaugh:

Are those prices for the set or for each shock? I've heard both....might as well ask people who have bought them ;)

That is for the pair. the 440's are the best progressive makes. The 430's in my opinion are nicer looking but lack the adjustment that the 440 has.

Works are good shocks too but i've never set up with them.

Sean

I have less than 500 miles on my 440's but the improvement over stock is tremendous! I still have a bit of fine tuning to do this spring but they have taken the harsh kick from pothole and abrupt bumps. Also the control through high speed corners inspires confidence and makes the vmax a more predicatable handling bike.

talking to master sean already :)

Btw is the fork brace upgrade worth ? any feedback ?

I believe the fork brace gives you a little more solid front end. Some don't notice any difference. I noticed a very small improvement on mine. Best bang for your dollar front end mod are new springs. Period.
Good shocks out back also help, but, you will notice a huge improvement with progressive or racetech springs out front.

Dale #2592

IMO, I think that solid motor mounts will be the best $$ spent. The handling difference is very noticeable.

Thinking about it too :)
Just a pain in the ass to have installed, but more cost effective than the frame brace.
I have a budget for fixing my bike, so checking what can be done with the bucks I have and with the mechanical resources I have :)

I believe the fork brace gives you a little more solid front end. Some don't notice any difference. I noticed a very small improvement on mine. Best bang for your dollar front end mod are new springs. Period.
Good shocks out back also help, but, you will notice a huge improvement with progressive or racetech springs out front.

Dale #2592
+1 What I noticed most about the fork brace was a more precise feel when turning into corners. Fork spring upgrade are a definate need over stock springs.
I made a bunch of changes over the winter 2 years ago which included new progressive springs, fork brace, new front tire and drag bars so there were a bunch a factors in the improved front end performance.

IMO, I think that solid motor mounts will be the best $$ spent. The handling difference is very noticeable.

+1 to that!! Besides radials the solid motor mounts were the best "cheap" mod I have done! Having a top of the line set of Ohlins shocks on the back and an R1 front end help too:biglaugh:

Back