Who art thou, my Melbourne brother?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaneer

Reaction score
Ok there aren't that many vmaxes in my area--I know of two, three if you were not the one I passed exiting a parking lot getting on us1 a few months back. Today around 12:30p you were westbound on palm bay road just past the walmart either getting onto 95 or heading over to minton.

Regards from my Tapatalking Android

ninjaneer: You've got the power, catch them next time. I'm sure when they see another VMax it'll be Party Time....:rofl_200:

Spec, I was in my cage, :-(. And I know there was absolutely no way to catch a max in my truck, because believe or not I saw another one on the shoulder of Northbound 95 around 5:30p between Palm Bay and Melbourne exits, reading a map. Yellow lid, blacked out scoops and side covers. I slowed down and waited for him. He soon came up, zoomed by me (i waved, but he was dialed in and paid me no nevermind). He had to have opened er up to 100+ mph 'cause I was pushing 90 to keep up. LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG GONE.

That Sucks.....

My Wife and I walked in on a Bank Robbery In Progress a few years back. We didn't have a clue. My Carry Weapon, 45 acp, Hers 357 Magnum. As soon as we got through the west side bank door, one of the tellers told us the bank was closed for an emegency, pushed us right back out, slammed and locked the door. :confused2::ummm::confused2: We didn't know WTF was happening so we started walking back to the car. In short order, a truck comes flying around the north corner of the bank. About the time he hits the main street, Cops from everywhere, hit the lights and sirens and gave chase. Mary and I sat there in the car dumbfounded, then put 2 + 2 together....:bang head::rofl_200:

With catching VMax's too, you gotta be on your game all the time....
You can't let your guard down for a second, cause your opportunity will vanish...

I saw you again, melbourne brother. this time i was eatin at las palmas this past friday and you were heading north on babcock passing the vinings. but did you see the red one in the west-bound lane of palm bay rd. i saw him a half hour later with his harley and suzuki buddies.

This sounds like a craigslist "missed connections"....:rofl_200:

I ran into Kyle (kaboom) a couple years ago, who at the time I had no idea, only that I was gaining on another bike, and it started to look more and more like a vmax as I got closer. I posted the "missed connection" here and whaddya know, it was someone here.

That Sucks.....

My Wife and I walked in on a Bank Robbery In Progress a few years back. We didn't have a clue. My Carry Weapon, 45 acp, Hers 357 Magnum. As soon as we got through the west side bank door, one of the tellers told us the bank was closed for an emegency, pushed us right back out, slammed and locked the door. :confused2::ummm::confused2: We didn't know WTF was happening so we started walking back to the car. In short order, a truck comes flying around the north corner of the bank. About the time he hits the main street, Cops from everywhere, hit the lights and sirens and gave chase. Mary and I sat there in the car dumbfounded, then put 2 + 2 together....:bang head::rofl_200:

With catching VMax's too, you gotta be on your game all the time....
You can't let your guard down for a second, cause your opportunity will vanish...

Some story about the bank robbery. I am glad you were refused entry, the clerk may have saved the robbers' lives! "Gun control means, hit that at-which you are aiming, yes?"

Here is a story about my own experience with a serial bank robber in Ft. Lauderdale with whom I shared a visit to the bank. I was there to withdraw $$ to go look at a <8K mi. BMW R100RT (I bought it). I was responding to Paul Dean at CycleWorld about a tech column on age-deteriorated brake components.

I have also seen brakes deteriorate from prolonged periods of inactivity. It happened to a 60th-anniversary BMW R100RS I bought just before the home where it was stored was a victim of Hurricane Andrew, which likely would have sent that 7500 mi. jewel to the scrap heap in 1992, a month after I bought it for $2500. I had to get it running before I bought it, which I was able to do by cleaning the float bowls, it wouldn't idle well, but it started and revved enough to assure me it wasn't a terminal motor. Anyway, I had the BMW and the FZR1000, I used the BMW to get a close parking spot next to the state university building on Biscayne Bay in Miami where I was attending at the time. Then I made a deal on the V-Max, and the BMW didn't get used so-much, and it started to sit. And sit... . Finally a dirtbike-riding buddy in MI offered to take it off my hands, and I accepted his offer. Well, with fresh gas, it started ok, but the brakes were shot, with the white aluminum corrosion and plain-old rust around those black Brembos. So I had to totally disassemble the entire front & rear brake systems, flush the lines, and replaced everything with n.o.s. parts where necessary. They worked flawlessly. My friend took a leave from his veterinary practice, flew to Ft. Lauderdale, and rode back to MI in the late fall before the snow flurries hit. He said it ran like a top, and still has it. The main culprit of the brake deterioration on the BMW I chalk-up to disuse, inactivity, and a two-block proximity to the Intracoastal Waterway here in south FL. Lots of salt in the air.

I didn't mention how when I was withdrawing the funds to purchase the BMW from my local bank branch, I made the acquaintance of the 'Stinky-Bandit,' a crack-cocaine addled robber who hit a couple dozen locations in south FL before being apprehended. He was in-line behind me at the bank, and when it was my turn, he cut past me, slipped the teller a holdup note, and after stashing his ill-gotten gains, he left the building, just in-front of me. I got the next teller, and while Mr. Stinky was smelling-up the lobby (crack addicts would rather purchase drugs than soap) I counted-out my BMW buy-$$ and turned to leave as the 'Stinky-Bandit' also exited the lobby in-front of me. An assistant manager stepped between the closing lobby door and me as the 'Stinky-Bandit' hurried across the parking lot. The assistant branch manager said, "sir, you cannot leave!"

"Why not?" I asked him, "my banking business is done."

"There has been 'an incident,'" he said. No elaboration as to what this may be.

Putting two-and-two together as I watched the 'Stinky-Bandit' exit the parking lot, "oh, you mean there's been a bank robbery? By that guy out there?" as I pointed to The Stinky One. His odor stayed after he left, and we were amidst of it in the bank sally-port. The assistant manager refused to confirm it, he just said the police were on their way. Well, I had an appointment to look at a low-mileage BMW priced far-below market value!

The police came, they started interviewing us, and my turn came. I informed the L.E.O. that I was taking a psychology course at Florida International University that semester, titled "Memory and Cognition," and that while I was in-front of the 'Stinky-Bandit' in-line, and was following him out of the bank as he left, apart from identifying him as a disheveled white male about 40 years old in-need of a severe scrubbing and probably de-lousing, I coundn't i.d. him in a line-up. I was released by the police and hurried to Miami where I inspected the Boxer, and bought her, loading her into my Ford van. A month later, the townhouse row was demolished by Hurricane Andrew, along with 117,000 other Miami-Dade County homes that were either destroyed or sustained major damage. My R100RT made it out with a month to spare before Andrew, in 1992. Love those folding BMW keys! I almost couldn't get it started because I forgot to flip the key head perpendicular to the keyshaft.

So, I even made mention of my VMax which I bought about a year later, barely a year-old.

Back