Who has the 20th Anniversary Model

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is # 755 of 2000. Plenty of pics of it in the stock "red" color with the flames and anniversary badge, and a lot of pics of the custom work I have either done or had done on it, like black custom paint on a separate set of tins, sport tail section, and the list goes on and on. You'll see when you view the pics in the gallery here under username: Bushmaster

# 755 of 2000 on mine. I have lots of pics of it and all the custom work I have done on it also in the gallery here under username: bushmaster

I'm up in Fort McMurray Alberta. I have #1884/2000. I have 10kms on it. It's in mint condition. I know there is one more in town. It's lady driven and in terrible shape. I saw her on it one spring and she said she just pulled it out of the SNOW BANK it was in all winter.....

Up here in Syracuse, NY - I have #775. Picked it up from a dealership in Wilkes-Barre, PA with 4800 miles on it.

Just added new Spiegler Street Bar Handlebars, HAC Backrest (for the little woman) and Kuryakyn Magnum Plus Mirrors and Flame ISO Grips. Looking to change the fork springs and shocks next to Progressive or Works.

It's the bike I've waited 10 years for - the deal was when we bought a house, my wife said we can afford the bike. We had the house 10 years this year, and I thought it was about time. The red/black scheme was my dream as was the raw power. Couldn't be happier!

cool sam!
mine is #872
dealer wanted $6500 for her. traded r1 straight up
came from indiana with 8k on the clock and new tires!
sold!!!

Mine is # 795. Bought it used Jan 1, 2009 with 7,000 miles. It now has 47,000 miles. I think I like to ride this bike.

What would an 05 with 11,000 miles typically go for? Very good condition (8 out of ten), all stock except for the exhaust. I know everyone has their own opinion on what their bike would sell for. I'm looking at an average selling price.

Thanks

One just sold in my neck of the woods (nfld Canada) with about the same miles for about $8000 but it was bone stock.
Our economy here is booming cause.of the oil though...

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

What would an 05 with 11,000 miles typically go for? Very good condition (8 out of ten), all stock except for the exhaust. I know everyone has their own opinion on what their bike would sell for. I'm looking at an average selling price.

Thanks
Full exhaust or slip on's... Do you have the stock exhaust to go with it? I would guess between $5000 and $6000 here in Michigan.

Just bought my '06 here in Missouri with 4200 miles for $5100.

Attachments

• vmax_small.jpg
    vmax_small.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Good evening folks! I'm new to the forum and have a question around this very topic. Yesterday I bought a red 2005 V-max with the flames and "20th Edition" badge on the tank. Unfortunately, there's no number etched on the badge. Does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - There are currently 3 other 2005 anniversary edition V-max's for sale in my area (Alberta, Canada). Two of the ads include the series number (1101 and 1619).

Good evening folks! I'm new to the forum and have a question around this very topic. Yesterday I bought a red 2005 V-max with the flames and "20th Edition" badge on the tank. Unfortunately, there's no number etched on the badge. Does anyone know why?

Could be that the original got damaged. The vin will tell you what the number is. Then a trophy shop should be able to engrave the emblem.

Could be that the original got damaged. The vin will tell you what the number is. Then a trophy shop should be able to engrave the emblem.
unfortunately the VIN won't tell you the number, I have yet found any number on my bike the has my badge number on it.

unfortunately the VIN won't tell you the number, I have yet found any number on my bike the has my badge number on it.

Man, that sucks.
One would think that if they called it anniversary, or anything worth numbering, it would be encoded in the vin like the cars.
But that would make things too simple :confused2: I wonder if there is a database of the 20th's vins and numbers to verify authenticity, or did they just start badging all the 2005's and just said screw it, for the counting of them after the gift/show models with the 1-20 or something numbers are spoken for.

Thanks for the help. The bike sure looks right otherwise. And no record of any accidents when I ran the title before purchase, although not all accidents get reported. I assume there must be a cross reference to the VIN somewhere, so a call to Yamaha may be in order.

I have done a limited search of the web for comments from other owners about missing serial numbers, but found none. Although, there were a couple people that mentioned not knowing their serial number (including member "one2dmax" on page one of this thread)...I'm just not sure if they couldn't find it or simply didn't have it in front of them.

I'm looking at an 05 with 11,000 miles on it. Fully stock except for the entire Kerker exhaust. It's in very very good condition. Some worn paint on the clutch cover and a bit on the resevoirs. Super clean bike.
It's been reduced over the months and is now at $4,800.
My question....... Is $4,800 a good price to buy this bike or should I offer less? Perhaps $4,300-$4,500??????

Thanks

I'm looking at an 05 with 11,000 miles on it. Fully stock except for the entire Kerker exhaust. It's in very very good condition. Some worn paint on the clutch cover and a bit on the resevoirs. Super clean bike.
It's been reduced over the months and is now at $4,800.
My question....... Is $4,800 a good price to buy this bike or should I offer less? Perhaps $4,300-$4,500??????

Thanks
I wrote this post and realized that some members have answered a previous post I submitted asking the same question. Thanks to all that responded.

I would say $4800 is a vary fair price for sure, should you offer less? Hell yeah! the worst that will happen is he will say no.... Then you can say, all right, I guess $4800 will work, does the stock exhaust come with it....?

Latest posts

Back