Who to tune my carbs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
I bought used carbs from Jeff Huber who bought them from Sean. I don't know which jet kit is installed. The bike is and will remain stock except for Seans jet kit and airbox, but I believe Seans carbs are set up for a after market exhaust. I'm worried I'm running to lean. Or what condition would my combination promote?

Can someone explain how to find a person qualified to tune a Vmax? Do I bring it to the stealership? :damn angry: Or truck my bike down to Seans for a day of tuning?

It's easy to check the mains!

I've done it quite a bit lately. I have a carbtune as well.

The weekend of Anamosa I can stop by if you like. We're going to J&P.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Might take you up on that.

Any idea what Seans jet kit with a stock exhaust would promote? Lean.. rich? Bike runs great WOT but doesn't like just cruising sometimes.

I was envisioning a diagnostic pc hooked up to the 02 bungs on the exhaust. And a dyno to check everything through out the rpm and hp range.

Please correct me if I'm wrong or post a link to help me understand the right way to know how your running, and then adjust the jets to correct it?

New plugs and check the color or the ceramic. Should be a light gray.

Sounds like you may want to space your needle one up.

Seans kit comes with a bunch of stuff so it's not a one jet fits all setup.

You'd have to either ask Jeff or take them out and pull a jet out to know.

Chris

Likely the kit will be setup to run with our airbox mod and will be rich if you use it without taking the mains back to stock and removing the restrictors. May have stock needles but can't remember.

Sean

Dunno if this means anything. But after filling up fuel, (The puffing occured at a higher rpm instead of lower with a low tank) The bike ran better. My fuel pump runs after the engine is turned off, before I shut the key off. :ummm:

God damn fuel pump diaphragm?

Back