Why so few riding stories?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikemax04 said:
That's what happens when you break that 130+mph with no helmet on. :

Ah memories. In the early sixties back in England we had no helmet laws and no speed limits outside of the towns etc. The bikes then of course would only reach 110mph max but they also had no brakes which made it pretty "hairy" at times. Also not many motorways back then so we had a lot of bend swinging.

Bob Brook
99 Max.

Jayhawk said:
Maybe it's just because we're a bunch of old farts here. ;)

My feeling is that riding the Max is a bit like having good sex. The younger crowd on their liter bikes are like the boys of any generation. Getting some was big news, one hell of an experience and a MUST TELL to the rest of the gang just how great those two minutes were. When you get older, the need to tell your friends that her 5 orgasms in two hours were great is of little interest to others. The Max and it's thrill, like sex, has to be experienced personally and can't be conveyed through communication. You know how it is-was with the younger crowd, lots of talk but little substance. Just my .02 worth. This should get things fire up a bit.

Went riding today with a friend and spied a newer Porsche Fererra heading in the same direction as we were. We were on a two lane road with kind of gentle curves and sure enough, he wanted to play. I chased him for several miles and he wanted to lose me. I was a little hesitant at times while reaching 85-90mph and never knew what was coming up around the next bend. It seemed like there was a time or two where I was gaining on him but wasn't sure he was in it all the way. We came to a town and a stop light where I pulled next to the passenger window and he opened it with a smile saying that I pulled on him a couple of times and that I had a fast bike. Really a nice young couple that told it like it was. No doubt it wasn't the turbo from the looks of it but that car sure could corner and accelerate. Kind of gives me that proud feeling carving a notch in my GUN? Heart is still pounding a bit. Oh, my buddy on his Harley finally did show eventually. This has got to be up one notch from racing old women in wheel chairs. :6: :Nixon: Long live the Max

Latest posts

Back