Will exhaust change carb sync?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allisontech

Reaction score
After installing a full exhaust system on my 2004, I went through all the normal stuff checking the plugs,etc... and thought while I was into it I might as well check the carb sync, "It was just done 100 miles ago". With no changes other than the full exhaust kit I found the left and right banks had gotten pretty far out of sync. Is this normal or do you think my adjustment screw is moving?:confused2::confused2::confused2:

Exhaust change will not affect sync. Vmax sync linkages can be very finicky.
Mine old one would go out of sync left to right when I removed carbs. That doesn't
Happen with my '99 carbs. Another thing to think about is that they will go out of
Sync if you regularly whack the throttle. Check the adjustment of your throttle
Cables and lube them to prevent sticking.

Exhaust change will not affect sync. Vmax sync linkages can be very finicky.
Mine old one would go out of sync left to right when I removed carbs. That doesn't
Happen with my '99 carbs. Another thing to think about is that they will go out of
Sync if you regularly whack the throttle. Check the adjustment of your throttle
Cables and lube them to prevent sticking.

That's probably the case cause I'm constantly whacking!"The throttle that is", I do have a cable, the bottom one that the plastic elbow has been cracked for quite some time. Looks like that's the next item to change.

Thanks for the info!!:biglaugh:
Bill

Back