Will rotors work on both sides in the front?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Is there a difference between rotors in front? Can I order two and they would fit either side?

Depends on the year. 93+ and yes they will swap with no problems. 92 and older you would get different ones (if you get stock). They will physically work but won't cool as effectively if you mount them on the incorrect side. The right rear and right front are the same on the older bikes. The rear is actually the same for all years (differences in the part number are for differences in the colors).

Sean

Depends on the year. 93+ and yes they will swap with no problems. 92 and older you would get different ones (if you get stock). They will physically work but won't cool as effectively if you mount them on the incorrect side. The right rear and right front are the same on the older bikes. The rear is actually the same for all years (differences in the part number are for differences in the colors).

Sean

I'm looking at getting two left side fronts off ebay for my 85 max. They are coming off of a 94. Will those work on both sides in the front?

Thanks,
Abe

I'm looking at getting two left side fronts off ebay for my 85 max. They are coming off of a 94. Will those work on both sides in the front?

Thanks,
Abe

As long as you change your calipers and mounts...

The 93+ had newer (larger) rotors and 4 pot calipers. Sean Morley (One2dmax) can hook you up though.

As chris noted. The only adapters I currently have are for the early forks, using later model rotors (two lefts are fine), and 07 and older huyabusa calipers. Get all that stuff and you'll have intense braking control and power.

Sean

Back