Will these NGK's fit the Vmax???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Worlds biggest NGK's

Actually they are 500,000 volt and 230,000 volt transformer bushings. NGK makes the glass/porcelain ABB makes the whole bushing. These are on the conservator transformers I've been working on on a new sub in Louisiana.

Attachments

• 1004111317.jpg
    1004111317.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 1004111317a.jpg
    1004111317a.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 1004111318.jpg
    1004111318.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00511.JPG
    DSC00511.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG958630.jpg
    IMG958630.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG959394.jpg
    IMG959394.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG9593941.jpg
    IMG9593941.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 21
Not happening Rusty, Will not fit.... :rofl_200: Cool pictures though...

Worlds biggest NGK's

Actually they are 500,000 volt and 230,000 volt transformer bushings. NGK makes the glass/porcelain ABB makes the whole bushing. These are on the conservator transformers I've been working on on a new sub in Louisiana.

I have to say Rusty, You do work around some cool shit :punk:

Next to the transformer c.b.s. wall that looks like a power source-generator for site power, or emergency back-up in the event of an outage, to allow site repairs (not for service to the grid), is that correct?

I showed the picture of your worksite to my wife, the E.E., and she wanted to know why you were sitting on the oil tank. "Breaktime?," I suggested.

The largest grocery store chain in FL is Publix. I did a plan review & site inspections for an emergency generator install that looked to be sized similar to what I saw in that pic. They need them to keep the refrigerated coolers/freezers in the store functioning, and the lighting & cash registers, in the event of a hurricane power outage, Not enough juice to run the store A-C, just enough to keep from losing hundreds of thousands of $ worth of refrigerated food, and to be able to keep the doors open.

The generator was way-cool. It was capable of being activated remotely from another state, and in-fact that was part of the inspection process. It sat on-top of its diesel fuel tank. One prolonged outage would pay for the installation, and I am not sure if they were doing every store in the chain, but over-time, I wouldn't be surprised if they did, space-permitting. FL's population is 19 million, that's a lot of groceries, and a huge market to lose because of a power outage. After Hurricane Andrew, parts of south FL were w/o power for 3+ weeks.

Next to the transformer c.b.s. wall that looks like a power source-generator for site power, or emergency back-up in the event of an outage, to allow site repairs (not for service to the grid), is that correct?

The Generator you see is a rental used for powering up the Vacuum Hot Oil Dehydrator unit when we fill these transformers. Site power is on another temp. Generator. The sub has never been energized as of yet.

I showed the picture of your worksite to my wife, the E.E., and she wanted to know why you were sitting on the oil tank. "Breaktime?," I suggested.

I was stiing up there because when you put the last 100 or so gallons into the conservator tank you have to "Burp" the bladder and oil compartment inside the tank and get all the Nitrogen out of it. The big tank is a reservoir for the main Xfmr tank, the oil flows into and out of it as it expands due to heat/cold. The empty space in the tank is occupied by a bladder that free breathes through a dessicant package and expands and contracts as the oil moves in and out. If it's set up properly the oil will never be expsoed to any air or nitrogen etc. This keeps the oil dry.
The typcial nirtogen blanketed Xfmr has a head space at the top occupied by a blanket of nitrogen that allows for expansion and contraction. These don't have the nitrogen bkanketr but instead have the conservator system with the bladder.

The largest grocery store chain in FL is Publix. I did a plan review & site inspections for an emergency generator install that looked to be sized similar to what I saw in that pic. They need them to keep the refrigerated coolers/freezers in the store functioning, and the lighting & cash registers, in the event of a hurricane power outage, Not enough juice to run the store A-C, just enough to keep from losing hundreds of thousands of $ worth of refrigerated food, and to be able to keep the doors open.

That generator is a 300Kw unit, the equipment it is for pulls around 400 amps at 480Volt when all the heater banks are on. It would definetely operate just about any grocery store. The basic formula is watts capacity divided by volts and that gives you your amps. There's more to the formula than that when it's a 3 phase system.

The generator was way-cool. It was capable of being activated remotely from another state, and in-fact that was part of the inspection process. It sat on-top of its diesel fuel tank. One prolonged outage would pay for the installation, and I am not sure if they were doing every store in the chain, but over-time, I wouldn't be surprised if they did, space-permitting. FL's population is 19 million, that's a lot of groceries, and a huge market to lose because of a power outage. After Hurricane Andrew, parts of south FL were w/o power for 3+ weeks.

Yeah, when Rita came through Houston we were without power for 2 weeks, it sucked. I back fed my house with a cheap ass Chinese generator that was enough to run the fridge, freezer, and 2 window units.

I built a shrine to that piece of Chinese jumk since it did the trick, I had to pay for it what I could have bought a quality Honda generator for, but didn't have the fore sight to already have one so had to buy one off the side of the road from "storm chasers" those people that come in from out of state and "capitilize" on disasters, they get a bad name but in my mind what's wrong with buying an ass load of $300 generators and hauling them 600 miles and selling them to those in need for $600. Fuel, time, and transportation and the up front investment to buy them is just basic business, the same people that were bitching about getting robbed would be crying if they didn't have these people showing up at all.

Grocery stores and gas stations selling already in stock items at twice the price of normal on the other hand is out and out price gouging, and is illegal in Texas as far as I know.

Back