Winter Mods?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
So do any of you have any mods scheduled over the winter here? I know it's not winter for every one. IE: Australia but you know what I mean!

So... Let us know what you have planned...:cheers:

Main mods this winter is new rear rim to be able to fit radial tires - other possibilities is venture final drive and change the canister on my Kerker exhaust.

How bout you start?

I did... What you see is what I have planned...:whistlin:

I am rebuilding the forks on my SV again but other than that I have nothing "planned.":whistlin: I am modding my home though. New kitchen, bath, ceilings, floors, tore out a wall... Put 16 can lights in my ceiling where there was zero!:banana:

Should be DAMN nice when I'm done. :punk:

I did ALL the tear out and just finished painting ALL the new trim work (before mounting it) and will paint all the walls too.:bang head: Did I mention I hate painting? Well I do.:damn angry:

Main mods this winter is new rear rim to be able to fit radial tires - other possibilities is venture final drive and change the canister on my Kerker exhaust.

Put an 18 on the rear and you will help your final drive a bit... Not an amazing difference but a difference none the less.:banana:

I'm planning on a single sided swingarm. Ive read about people putting up to 240 tires on the bike the swingarm is coming off of. Maybe an R1 fork conversion, money permitting.

I'm planning on a single sided swingarm. Ive read about people putting up to 240 tires on the bike the swingarm is coming off of. Maybe an R1 fork conversion, money permitting.

Sweet! Then maybe you'll ride with us?:confused2:

I'm planning on bitchin and moaning the whole damn winter because I cant ride!
Oh wait....THATS not a mod....hmmmm....maybe I might modify my underwear when I shit them after seeing a 70 degree riding day.....lol

I am going to install a DEGET braced and noched swingarm.(Just as soon as I get that Otec off!)

I am then going to install a nice BSM 4-2 exhaust with carbon fiber cans. (The HMF was too loud.)

Small things like new chrome nuts and lock washers to hold the pumpkin on. New rubber covers for where the frame tabs go into the rear fender. Replace the crush washers in the pumpkin fill and drain when I refill the fluid.

A new Otec raised tuning fork clutch cover to match the alternator cover. (Thanks WildBros.)

Maybe more stuff but I am actually running out of things that I want to modify. It only took 12 years!

Winter???:ummm:
What is that :rofl_200:

It is almost Jan and I am still riding every day :punk::punk::punk:

Cheers:cheers:

Winter???:ummm:
What is that :rofl_200:

It is almost Jan and I am still riding every day :punk::punk::punk:

Nice, ya wanna come over and piss in my mailbox too ,lol

No riding yet for four more months, I ordered a new fat max belly pan, T boost is on its way. I've been clearing out my shop. sold two drag bike bodyworks, forks, and a couple of crankshafts to start the "motorcycle account" at my local bank. while I was clearing out things, I found that I had two 98' GSXR 750 wheels. So I guess a 180 or 190 is in my future. but that will prolly be next winter.

Probably Stanless Steel brake lines and a clutch fluid drain and fill. :rocket bike:
Its definately winter here, snowing as I type and cold. Skiing will happen this weekend. :biglaugh:

?Winter? project.

1)Replace old rear rotor with new Galfer unit. Done.
2)Replace remaining front brake lines with Galfer braided units. Done.
3) Fit Race Tech gold valve cartridge emulators. Done.
4)Replace plug caps and leads with new NGK units. Ordered.
5)Replace Steering head bearings. Arrived today.

Need to do something to dress up the gap between the stock headers and the Supertrapp slip-ons.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Galfer brake lines.jpg
    Galfer brake lines.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 59
  • galfer rear rotor.jpg
    galfer rear rotor.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 52
  • sorted.jpg
    sorted.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 71
Oh yeah I forgot we already had winter in So Cal, it rained for 3 days straight last week.:damn angry:

Couldnt ride at all :whistlin:

Happy Holidays Everyone
Stay safe on New Years eve

Need to do something to dress up the gap between the stock headers and the Supertrapp slip-ons.

Any suggestions?

1----Find an old set of front headers (sorry, I threw mine away already), remove a piece of the chromed cover that has the clamp attached, cut it to the correct length and fit around the gap that's showing.?

2----Buy an aftermarket set of front headpipes that are stainless.?

3----Buy a whole new exhaust system.?

4----paint that gap with some "chrome" paint?

VERY nice looking bike by the way....

Rusty

Sweet! Then maybe you'll ride with us?:confused2:
Sounds like fun, just send me a pm whenever you want to go. Hopefully the bike is back together by then, just need to figure out the new swingarm setup.

1----Find an old set of front headers (sorry, I threw mine away already), remove a piece of the chromed cover that has the clamp attached, cut it to the correct length and fit around the gap that's showing.?

2----Buy an aftermarket set of front headpipes that are stainless.?

3----Buy a whole new exhaust system.?

4----paint that gap with some "chrome" paint?

VERY nice looking bike by the way....

Rusty

Thanks for the feedback. I'll add this to my 'winter' mods list.

‘Winter’ project.

1)Replace old rear rotor with new Galfer unit. Done.
2)Replace remaining front brake lines with Galfer braided units. Done.
3) Fit Race Tech gold valve cartridge emulators. Done.
4)Replace plug caps and leads with new NGK units. Ordered.
5)Replace Steering head bearings. Arrived today.

Any suggestions?

Good Looking Vmax you got there! What I did with the dead space with the trapps on my max was use Dupli-Color 1200 degree high temp paint in black. Don't think they make chrome color ?, silver maybe? But at least its not bland and rusty looking anymore. Another option you may consider is getting the headers ceramic coated in chrome illusion. I did that to the headers on my Super Magna and its the cats ass :)

Happy New Year:cheers:
Clay

Another option you may consider is getting the headers ceramic coated in chrome illusion. I did that to the headers on my Super Magna and its the cats ass :)

Clay

My headers are ceramic coated and VERY shiney...:thumbs up:

My headers are ceramic coated and VERY shiney...:thumbs up:

Excellent! I never noticed that:confused2: Is it on your Max or the SV:ummm: Regardless, ceramic coating is great for hotter than hell parts:thumbs up:

Last edited:
Excellent! I never noticed that:confused2: Is it on your Max or the SV:ummm: Regardless, ceramic coating is great for hotter than hell parts:thumbs up:

Vmax... The SV's are stock and stainless with Micron Ti cans....:thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back