Women & The V-max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OVER THE YEARS I HAVE SEEN MANY WOMEN RIDE HARLEY'S & EVEN SOME RIDE CROTCH ROCKET'S, BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN A WOMEN RIDE A V-MAX, IS THERE ANY ? OR HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A WOMEN RIDE THE MAX ???????

Has anyone heard from Coya she rides a VMAX out in the Dakotas and also part of the VMOA

Welll Dayam! Someone needs to dig up those pictures!

Pictures pictures.. I cant say much due to respect for Coya but I will share these..
I will say this one thing,, she is a great woman and one wild open and free girl once you know her.. Talk about a tight muscled body!

Attachments

• MaxandMe2.jpg
    MaxandMe2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 78
  • smiley.jpg
    smiley.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 110
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 58
  • flex.jpg
    flex.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 48
I've been wondering this myself, "Where are the other wimmins?"

This damn bike has been scaring the ever-lovin shyte out of me, I guess that's a good thing until I get used to it at least. I knew it would, after all, and that's why I liked it to start with!

Our one and only that I know of at the moment! Although Richwrench and I saw another at a bike show over here, unless that was you too! :biglaugh:

This damn bike has been scaring the ever-lovin shyte out of me, I guess that's a good thing until I get used to it at least. I knew it would, after all, and that's why I liked it to start with!
Not many will admit to it but that's what a max does to all its riders! We don't ride them because they handle great, we don't ride them because they're the latest and greatest and fastest etc, we ride them because they're are awe-inspiring monsters that hold many pants-filling memories, as well as more to come every next ride! :punk:

KellieLu is another gal on this site, although she hasn't posted in a while. Last I heard she was in Hawaii.

Our one and only that I know of at the moment! Although Richwrench and I saw another at a bike show over here, unless that was you too! :biglaugh:

Not many will admit to it but that's what a max does to all its riders! We don't ride them because they handle great, we don't ride them because they're the latest and greatest and fastest etc, we ride them because they're are awe-inspiring monsters that hold many pants-filling memories, as well as more to come every next ride! :punk:

The only time my VMAX shook me up a lil is when I got shot off airborne into a field at 85+mph. Other then that I get bored most times until she wobbles and flexes under extreme conditions then I know she cant take anymore.

The only time my VMAX shook me up a lil is when I got shot off airborne into a field at 85+mph. Other then that I get bored most times until she wobbles and flexes under extreme conditions then I know she cant take anymore.

Yea that's kinda wot I was talking about.. From the wobbles in a straight line to the wobbles in any speed turn, via the wheel spins and other hairy moments when whatever your brake setup is just not gonna haul all that max weight in time, this bike is always full of fun moments lol :rofl_200:

There's one other Vmax rider in this town who is very sure he knows absolutely everything about the bike. We argue a lot, he's my hubby's drinking buddy. He let me ride his brand-new '06 and he rode my '01. What a difference non-warped rotors make! He's running a Cobra exhaust, he didn't re-jet and has (I think) very crisp throttle response and a bit more power. Other than that....same thing. Especially now that the death wobble in mine is gone with new bearings. (You people rock, it'd still be torn apaort without ya'll's help!)

Anyway...riding with the other wimmins is always a rare opportunity, I hope I get to meet some someday on "this kind" of bike. I know lots of ladies on the Harleys, many good friends. A few on the sportbikes but that's just not my style of riding. PLENTY of noobie girls who have a lot to learn and many of them just don't stay with it. (If I'd known a woman rider like me when I was starting out, I'd probably be in a biker gang by now.) But I don't know a single other woman rider around here who is all about the bike and the riding and not the posing, or who even knows the difference in any given engine configuration. They're out there, I see them online and I met them at the AMA Women and Motorcycling Conference in '06 (where I first test-rode the Vmax) but they aren't around me!

Women riders by and large need to get past the aspect that yes, it's a female on a motorcycle, everybody look, woohhoo. They need to get on with the riding part of it, the part that has nothing to do with gender. And for Pete's sake they need to take control of their machines and spin a wrench or two so they're not so damnably helpless when something goes wrong with the bike. I'm tired of explaining how to adjust a chain to wimmins who are worried about breaking a nail.

Rant off. Sorry.
I gotta go finish cooking the Christmas turkey, anyway. And when my family leaves, I'm going to go ride my Vmax in the rain.

Women riders by and large need to get past the aspect that yes, it's a female on a motorcycle, everybody look, woohhoo. They need to get on with the riding part of it, the part that has nothing to do with gender. And for Pete's sake they need to take control of their machines and spin a wrench or two so they're not so damnably helpless when something goes wrong with the bike. I'm tired of explaining how to adjust a chain to wimmins who are worried about breaking a nail.

WELL SAID!!! We need more of you 'proper' girlz round here, on the road and on Maxes!!! :eusa_dance::punk::eusa_dance:

Merry Xmas and go kill that turkey :biglaugh::biglaugh:

There is another woman on this site.
My wife. (Leanne)
The Vmax pics I have posted is of her bike. She does ride it. I think she put on about 1500 km last summer. She is getting the feel for this bike and by the end of summer she was doing quite well.
She does see this forum. Through my account. I do show her all the great stuff that is posted here. (maybe she should open her own account I wll talk to her about it)
I joined because I get to ride it when she is not on it. I also try to keep it running well and our stealerships here suck. We have four bikes and I try try to keep all roadworthy. There seems to be lots of great people and info here.

There is another woman on this site.
My wife. (Leanne)
The Vmax pics I have posted is of her bike. She does ride it. I think she put on about 1500 km last summer. She is getting the feel for this bike and by the end of summer she was doing quite well.
She does see this forum. Through my account. I do show her all the great stuff that is posted here. (maybe she should open her own account I wll talk to her about it)
I joined because I get to ride it when she is not on it. I also try to keep it running well and our stealerships here suck. We have four bikes and I try try to keep all roadworthy. There seems to be lots of great people and info here.

Wonderful, wish you were closer ('cause I sure don't want to endure winter up there. It was 69 degrees F when I came home on my Vmax last night!)
Quite the stable you got there. We have a few bikes up between us, I take care of mine and he takes care of his, (taught that boy how to gap a plug the first year we were married, he's come so far!)
So cool you have a partner who's "into" riding with you, and not riding only smaller, saner bikes but also a big bruiser! Leanne should jump on here and post some!

WELL SAID!!! We need more of you 'proper' girlz round here, on the road and on Maxes!!! :eusa_dance::punk::eusa_dance:

Merry Xmas and go kill that turkey :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Thanks...that was one fine tasting turkey if I do say so myself. The entire family behaved themselves the whole time, probably because I hid the booze. My big brother said he wants my Vmax. He said that about the BMW R1150RT, too. I told him he has to give me our father's old '81 CB900 first, that we were both raised on, that shut him up. And, our father wants me to come visit so he can ride the Vmax and race it against his built rigid Harley.

Now I know where I get it...the insanity is genetic. :smileystooges:

MAN I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW THIS OLD THREAD HAS COME BACK ALIVE ! I THINK ITS GREAT ! I WISH MY WIFE WOULD RIDE WITH ME ON MY MAX OR I'D GET HER A BIKE ! :punk:

Back