Work stand for a lowered Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have simply put the bike on it's sidestand then jacked it up on the frame rail or right side header. Makes the bike lean for sure but gets it off the ground easily.

Sean
Any idea how much weight the side stand is rated for before bending or breaking?

Not sure, i've had the entire weight sitting on the sidestand before just to show it can be done. It actually can be leaned onto the stand and swiveled in place to turn the bike around in a tight spot. Not easy but it can be done.

Sean

Ok, have got my jack finished... Granted it is only for a Vmax. It's a bit of a redneck job. I didn't have alot of time and I picked scrap pcs of metal from my scrap pile...

Scooter

Have you thought of modifying your centerstand to work with the lowered bike? I would think that someone could chop an inch out of the center and re-weld...problem solved!

:punk: Hey, that lift works perfectly if you put a small piece of 2" x 4 " wood under the kick stand, between the kick stand and rubber pad. Kerker header can not be crushed with #500 pounds of bike. Bought mine at Sams club. Good luck, Spurs

Back