Worth the wait!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

355cid

Reaction score
Well members, I'm happy to report that I just got back from my 1st ride on my '86 Max after a ground-up overhaul including replacement of the cases themselves due to a spun main bearing. I bought it a year ago, stuck in 1st gear, but after I updated the segment I found out that it had the 2nd gear issue also. Separating the cases for one of Mr. Morleys rebuilt transmissions, I discovered the main brg. issue. It was then that the monkey put his crosshairs on me and my wallet and now, a year and alot of $$$ later, Ive got a 13:1 1260 with Web-Cam cams and matching valve springs, Seans HD cam chains, his solid motor mounts, his oil system upgrade and pretty soon one of his carb re-jet kits to get the most outta this set-up. Thanks a ton to all of you who have babysat me and helped me along the way and a special shout out to Sean for all his guidance and information.:clapping:

What difference could you see between your stock chains and Sean's HD chains?

There won't be much visible difference. You only normally need them for the bigger cams.

Sean

The pins hava a noticably larger diameter than stock.

Congratulations!
I always like to hear good news.:clapping:

What is the oil system upgrade?

A larger gear to drive the driven gear mounted on the oil pump. A spacer to move the pump body a bit away from the block to allow the new gear to work. This increases volume.

A shim for the pressure bypass spring in the pump body. This increases pressure.

A Kawasaki oval o ring to replace the infamous orange o ring.

A new OEM rubber bumper for the bottom of the oil delivery elbow.

A oil pan and clutch cover gasket.

Back