Would you buy a GM today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always told it was a Toyota body....and the suburu FA 20 engine? The FA 20 was in the WRX.

Here is a pic for people that dont know what we are talking about. And mine is Black......of course.

Vortec makes a supercharger kit for it.

That FR-S is one of best looking little cars to come around
In a long time.

I think if they would advertise it and it's Suburu brother in a fashion that clearly said "this isn't a front wheel drive vagina car" sales would skyrocket.
If they sold it with turbo charged package the WRX STI got it would be a ge changer altogether.

There is only one problem with putting a turbo on that engine. The compression 12-1. In the WRX STI the compression is in the 8's. I believe 8.8.....but dont hold me to that. Ive driven an FRS with the votec supercharger......and its a BAD boy. If Toyota does the install....they warranty EVERYTHING.

The FRS and BRZ only weigh about 2700 lbs.

There is only one problem with putting a turbo on that engine. The compression 12-1. In the WRX STI the compression is in the 8's. I believe 8.8.....but dont hold me to that. Ive driven an FRS with the votec supercharger......and its a BAD boy. If Toyota does the install....they warranty EVERYTHING.

The FRS and BRZ only weigh about 2700 lbs.

Yeah, we ran into the same thing on my wife's 350Z, put an ATI Supercharger on it, but with stock compression of 10.5:1, the max boost we could give it was 7 psi.

We got 425 at the wheel with it, there were some guys we ran with that built the engine at 8:1 - 8.5:1 and poured 15 psi to it and were getting mid 500 to 600 rwhp.

Yeah, we ran into the same thing on my wife's 350Z, put an ATI Supercharger on it, but with stock compression of 10.5:1, the max boost we could give it was 7 psi.

We got 425 at the wheel with it, there were some guys we ran with that built the engine at 8:1 - 8.5:1 and poured 15 psi to it and were getting mid 500 to 600 rwhp.

425 is still nothing to sneeze at.

LOL...nothing like learning to tune with a laptop...and not the old fashioned way of wrenches...etc?

Well I ended up getting a Ford Focus Titanium. And of course day 1(yesterday) of the missus driving it, some douchenozzle hits the car in the parking lot and then drove off. Luckily someone saw it and got their license plate.

I dunno if I wanna make an insurance claim or just find where they live and remove their ability to operate a motor vehicle for a considerable amount of time and medical procedures. :bang head:

Damage wasn't bad -- only paint damage -- but fuck me runnin' DAY 1!? Grrrr! :bang head:

Attachments

• WP_20140819_17_29_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140819_17_29_30_Pro.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 13
Well I ended up getting a Ford Focus Titanium. And of course day 1(yesterday) of the missus driving it, some douchenozzle hits the car in the parking lot and then drove off. Luckily someone saw it and got their license plate.

I dunno if I wanna make an insurance claim or just find where they live and remove their ability to operate a motor vehicle for a considerable amount of time and medical procedures. :bang head:

Damage wasn't bad -- only paint damage -- but fuck me runnin' DAY 1!? Grrrr! :bang head:

Damn the luck. Day 1 too. - you could park it over near Ferguson and leave the keys in it overnight....might get enough damage for a claim then. :confused2:

Back