WTF!?!?!?! Starting issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettr77

Reaction score
I replaced the battery with an Odyssey PC680 and tried cranking the 1993 max. Nothing.... so I then ran a jumper from the + post to the starter and got it to fire right up. It ran for about 20 minutes and I drove it around my storage unit property before going to get a friend to follow me home. We returned to the unit and tried to start the bike the same way as earlier but nothing. It turned and turned and I flooded the carb...drained it off and still could never get it to fire up. Pulled the plug boots and couldnt see any spark, pulled the plug, grounded it and still no spark, pulled the wire from the coil and still couldnt see any spark in it.... any clue?

Did you reconnect the single wire from the start button/switch ? Is the battery fully charged ?

ran into the same issue a few months back. had to get a jump as well from a friendly at the gas station. after the jump drove it around hoping for a charge, but no luck--stopped the bike in my garage and tried to turn it over--no joy. my buddy convinced me that once the battery can't turn over the bike, it's done. i got a new battery and all is well. maybe i could've charged up the old one. don't know, don't really care. like alorio asks, "is the battery fully charged?" if not charge it, maybe you can salvage yours.

Battery is fully charged and turns everything over but I think the starter has a "bad spot" in it.... it has a great deal of rust and corrosion on the wire connecting to it and it did make a strange sound towards the end of our attempts to fire it up. Sometimes we had to hook a hot lead from the battery directly to the starter to get it to turn over but sometimes the battery was more than enough to turn it over..just not firing all of the sudden

If the starter is draining your battery below 10 volts while turning the engine , you will not have enough voltage for the ignition system to produce spark. Sean Morley has four pole starters in stock(one2dmax ,morleysmuscle.com/.

Latest posts

Back