• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for adjustable levers for an 85

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool video, Joe just accepted me as his 5,000th friend! lol
Hopefully the language barrier can be overcome, we need to find some stock adaptable billet adjustable levers. I'll post up anything I find out.:punk:

Cool video, Joe just accepted me as his 5,000th friend! lol
Hopefully the language barrier can be overcome, we need to find some stock adaptable billet adjustable levers. I'll post up anything I find out.:punk:

There ya go Brian... told you he was cool. You know I've been thinking... there are a lot of parts in those things. I wonder how they can sell them so cheap. Must all come from the mainland

I attempted to buy a set but they do not have a option to ship to N. America. I left a question for him on his Facebook page to see if they will ship to N. A..

I attempted to buy a set but they do not have a option to ship to N. America. I left a question for him on his Facebook page to see if they will ship to N. A..

I noticed that when I was going to buy my IXIL pipe from him. If you email him, there is a great chance that he'll hook you up.

I noticed that when I was going to buy my IXIL pipe from him. If you email him, there is a great chance that he'll hook you up.
I left a message on FB but I probably should follow up with a e-mail. Did you send your email in French? I suppose it's easy enough to translate it into French with a google translator though.

I emailed Joe from his website, left my message in english and french. We'll see what he says and hopefully a deal can be struck. I also made mention of this website to him and the potential customers here.

I sent some messages to some of the ebay sellers about their levers.
This set looks good in the pictures they sent me.
What do you think? Do they look like they'll fit? :ummm:

Their ebay page just has a generic picture.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251008013637?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

"Dear friend,

This is the actual levers for yamaha v-max.
Kindly confirm them with your original levers.
Waiting for your response.

Best regards

Amy"

Attachments

• back2.JPG
    back2.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 62
  • front2.JPG
    front2.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 59
  • one set2.JPG
    one set2.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 53
my brothers birthday is coming up, thinking i might try to surprise him with these. anyone see any reason why they WOULDN"T work?

+1 Baz. :clapping:
Been following this thread....if Brian says they work... I'm in too ! Would love to see these levers in red or black... or a little of both ! :biglaugh:

I have been working with Titax-usa about their adjustable levers.

http://www.titax-usa.com/titaxbrakeandclutchlevers.aspx

They believe they have ones that will fit our GEN1 vmax. There is a discussion right now about the brake and clutch pumps being nissin in the USA and not abroad? I thought all Vmax's OEM were nissin pumps? Anyhow the latest is that they do have them, but I'm waiting for final conformation. I sent them both levers with every angle closeups for final conformation.

Here is what they last stated:

Initial email

I am attaching the stock OEM levers from my 2005 Yamaha Vmax 1200cc with USA origins. My vmax has Nissin clutch and brake reservoirs on them. Here are the pictures of both levers from several angles. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Reply from Titax-Usa:

I got a reply from Titax in Europe.
According to the pictures that you e-mailed us, you will need adapters "V-Max all L 51/R 45 S 073".
This is the set that is NOT for the Nissin pump. How odd! So I guess, European version and USA vesion are different.

I asked them to verify once more and then let me know where I can get pricing on their various levers available. I believe they make 4 styles all available in this adapter.

I will follow up letting everyone know what I find out in the next day.......

I sent some messages to some of the ebay sellers about their levers.
This set looks good in the pictures they sent me.
What do you think? Do they look like they'll fit? :ummm:

Their ebay page just has a generic picture.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251008013637?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

"Dear friend,

This is the actual levers for yamaha v-max.
Kindly confirm them with your original levers.
Waiting for your response.

Best regards

Amy"

I would not recommend these, especially for who has the DD mod. Ask if they can provide with regular length levers otherwise you may get trouble due to short leverage on stock masters...

UPDATE: now the site shows pricing.....a bit too steep for me now. I saw these very reasonable on the ebay UK, but this USA site stays about $240/pr. My pocket doesnt go that deep!

I have been working with Titax-usa about their adjustable levers.

http://www.titax-usa.com/titaxbrakeandclutchlevers.aspx

They believe they have ones that will fit our GEN1 vmax. There is a discussion right now about the brake and clutch pumps being nissin in the USA and not abroad? I thought all Vmax's OEM were nissin pumps? Anyhow the latest is that they do have them, but I'm waiting for final conformation. I sent them both levers with every angle closeups for final conformation.

Here is what they last stated:

Initial email

I am attaching the stock OEM levers from my 2005 Yamaha Vmax 1200cc with USA origins. My vmax has Nissin clutch and brake reservoirs on them. Here are the pictures of both levers from several angles. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Reply from Titax-Usa:

I got a reply from Titax in Europe.
According to the pictures that you e-mailed us, you will need adapters "V-Max all L 51/R 45 S 073".
This is the set that is NOT for the Nissin pump. How odd! So I guess, European version and USA vesion are different.

I asked them to verify once more and then let me know where I can get pricing on their various levers available. I believe they make 4 styles all available in this adapter.

I will follow up letting everyone know what I find out in the next day.......

I would not recommend these, especially for who has the DD mod. Ask if they can provide with regular length levers otherwise you may get trouble due to short leverage on stock masters...

do you really think for a stock setup it'd be an issue?

do you really think for a stock setup it'd be an issue?

If you have the DD mod on stock pumps it can be since you need all your fingers to pull the clutch in over the shorty uses 2 or 3 fingers instead. I have the DD and can speak IMHO.

If you have the DD mod on stock pumps it can be since you need all your fingers to pull the clutch in over the shorty uses 2 or 3 fingers instead. I have the DD and can speak IMHO.

right i meant w/out DD mod. like i said its for my bro

i have shorty levers on my fjr masters & with the dd mod i still can use a 2 finger clutch.

Yes, if stock OEM for the clutch, shorty's will do just fine.

Do you have a pic of your fjr masters on the bike? I keep debating to change up the brake and clutch masters, but havent yet. What year masters you running? Did you do the brake too?

right i meant w/out DD mod. like i said its for my bro

i have shorty levers on my fjr masters & with the dd mod i still can use a 2 finger clutch.

Back