Where do I find parts fiches?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Any online service for Yamaha parts has fiches, the exploded parts diagrams which contain useful information like "what does my part that broke look-like when I disassemble it?" or, "where does that left-over part go after I reassembled my digital caliper frammis?" Of course, you also get Yamaha parts numbers, and many will also give you parts numbers for ordering in the spreadsheet below the exploded diagram. This is also where you can sometimes get info like,"how many of these screws are there in the assembly?" and "what size are the screws (and pitch)?"

The Yamaha factory parts fiche has a very clear diagram with sharp line drawings which are sometimes not as-nice on others' sites. Here is where to start: http://www.starmotorcycles.com/partviewer/?ls=star

Just because the Yamaha site says something isn't available, don't think that's 'the-end.' Go to other places with parts info once you have the parts numbers you need. Sean Morley (good-guy VMax builder of 'Morley's Muscle' and new and used parts source) is one source, Captainkyle (a member here)is a good used parts source. I often use the Ron Ayres Motorsports website too. There are other dealers that other members have used over the years, perhaps they will post their favorites after this. I did a search and missed that list, so if someone else knows where it is, please post it, or them.

The Yamaha site has an easily-enlarged diagram you can pan to get the best view of what you need to order or fix. Happy hunting.
splash-red.gif

Www.partzilla.com
Then plug in what year Vmax. I have 2005 in my bookmarks for some reason. Forgot where I got it from but I just pulled it up and it still works Phil. Give it a go.

Thanks, Pat, a good resource. Just checked a front master cyl complete, not inc. lever. same exact price as Ron Ayres. They are a bit cheaper on a complete cyl head. Ayres=$945 PZ=$915.

There are versions on VMOA and I would be more than happy to send out copies to people if they give me their email address.

Back