Quality adjustable levers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbidcow55

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a nice set as my stock levers have way too much throw, especially the clutch. I found a few cheap ones on ebay but I want some that feel the part. Anybody know of any?

I got mine from germany as there are no decent aftermarket ones for the xjr.
I'll find the name and link later...they just feel quality..all the st/st bolts have the ends radiused properly...not just 'nearest size' used...

I'm going to say to fit very good levers to a Gen 1 you'll need to upgrade the masters to FJR parts or something else. Then you'll have a lot of options with 2 of the best being Pazzo's and ASV Inventions. Very high quality levers. You are right that the Ebay knockoffs may look the same, but they do not feel or perform the same.

I know some have done the "bearing" mod on stock levers with very good results. I never have so someone else would have to chime in on that.

I have a set from the same vendor and the quality is fine even though from China. Uses the stock masters. He used to have several styles and colors but not sure anymore.

Attachments

• Grip - Left - R.jpg
    Grip - Left - R.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Grip - Right - R.jpg
    Grip - Right - R.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 120
Mine were Vtrec....unfortunately none for the max.
I'm using remote res. m/cyls for mine...and transferring the levers over...

I'm using the eBay ones, No complaints so far. I did alter the clutch lever a little to tighten things up. Now there is 0 slop and they're working very well. To find out what I did just click here.

controls.jpg

I'm also using ebay adjustable sand have had no problems with them. I've got the 4 finger titanium ones and I like them a lot. They do have a small bit of play in them but I hear a small copper crush washer will cure that. Just haven't gotten around to putting some on my levers
dahe7ygy.jpg

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

Those are the exact ones I have. Don't care for the adjustable function but they were much cheaper at the time than the other styles. He offered at least three styles and multiple colors at first but don't think he does anymore. Plus he went up on price. Work great though.

I just purchased a pair of the 4 finger ones like shown in the pic. Didn't get them yet, but they couldn't be worse than the stockers!

Attachments

• DSCF5119.jpg
    DSCF5119.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF5122.jpg
    DSCF5122.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCF5127.jpg
    DSCF5127.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 97
Here are the ones that I have, and I also gave a set to Dman to help with his bike repairs. They are good heavy levers, and you can see them in my album.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251006820844?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Do the brake levers have the hole that the spring fits into? I bought a different set on ebay before I saw this thread. Said it was for VMAX but the brake lever wont work unless I can drill a hole into it (which I cant).

These do NOT have a hole for the spring. The spring will sit on a lever...and Ive never had problems with it popping out, or becoming dislodged.

Beware of the E-Bay vendor that swears his levers fit stock vmax masters. Good quality. But they do not fit. I recently bought a set of FJR masters, and guess what the levers DO fit? He did refund my money and after a few pics was convinced he'd mistakenly sold the wrong levers to vmax owners. Now, I'll send him his money back..lol Adjustable and folding type.

Back