09 exhaust system weight.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxout1200

Reaction score
I think there may be a greater weight savings on the 09 exhaust system when the after market pipes come out for them. Likely more than there was on the 1st gen bikes. The new exhaust syestem seems pretty massive to me plus it has the catilitic converter, servo motor,cables etc. for the exup system . The titanium stuff on there is just a thin shell more for visual.

I may take my entire system off while I wait for it to warm up in SD and weigh it. Thought about trying to fabricate my own 4-2 system!!! There appears to be plenty of room for rear pipe routing once the can is gone.

I know I am going to open a whole can of worms here but here it goes anyways.

You sure you want to void your factory warranty:confused2:
Touch that exhaust or anything that is controlled by it/on it and the first problem you have they are going to deny it. Regardless if it has anything to do with the exhaust.

Yes I am aware of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Just remember their pockets are deeper than yours and the burden of proof is on your shoulders not theirs.

Just my .02
:stir pot::th_favorites24:

Cheers

I don't think it's a can of worms, just a lot of common sense!

On a new bike of that value with a yet unproven track record, I know I'd be cherishing my warranty for those first 2 years and keeping it totally stock (other than Star-approved accessories) 'just in case' :eusa_dance:

I hope that somewhere, someone is willing to play around prior to the expiration of warranty, or else aftermarket parts are a couple years down the road.

If I pound a knee-hole into the scoops with a hammer, will my warranty be voided?

Besides the warranty, I'd be concerned with what the computer would do with a different exhaust.

With out a Vmax power commander to adjust settings, it might not like the newly fabricated pipe and not run worth a shit.

It shouldn't cause a problem as long as you mount the oxygen sensor in the new system. I'm sure though that the ability to change the parameters would be necessary to achieve max performance. It shouldn't be to hard for Dyno Jet to develop a power comander for it.

Back