09 VMAX Price

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapshooter12

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just want to let everyone know that I got the stealers down to $17,100 out the door (Tax, Title, Plates and Shipping included) out here in the Chicagoland area. They must not be selling very well. I'm not sure if this is a great price but I figure I'd let you guys know so you know how much you can drive them down to. Maybe if they see that people don't want to pay MSRP, Maybe they'll drop the price. One dealer is selling them for $15,899 +tax title and shipping.

Last edited:
WOW!! How are they getting them down that low? I felt like I did ok at 17,200 and reuduced freight and dealer prep cost.
I'm around 19,000 with Freight, Dealer prep, Tax and tags. It would have been nice to be starting at 15,800 though.:bang head:
My insurance for full coverage is only $480. A year.

What's the cheapest quote anyone has gotten in Canada?

Not knowing what my insurance rates would be is the primary reason I didn't pull the trigger on one. I did get a quote for $267.00 a year for an '08 Busa though, I figured since they traditionally have high rates it would be a good place to start. I'm sure since the Max is more expensive it would be higher of course but noone could quote me at the time.

Hey guys, Just want to let everyone know that I got the stealers down to $17,100 out the door out here in the Chicagoland area. They must not be selling very well. I'm not sure if this is a great price but I figure I'd let you guys know so you know how much you can drive them down to. Maybe if they see that people don't want to pay MSRP, Maybe they'll drop the price. One dealer is selling them for $15,899 +tax title and shipping.

http://www.highlandsyamaha.com/pages/newvehicles/viewmodel/62/63/1086/2009/yamaha-vmax.aspx

This is a hell of a good price!! Looks like some stealers are taking the hit just too get out from under their '09's. :confused2:
Doesn't say much for the state of the economy, does it? :ummm:

I wouldn't say the price is dropping because they're not selling! I got a quote about 3 weeks after the official unveiling in June and it was $16,990. That price included freight and prep. With tax and registration my grand total came to $18,130. I was quoted $400/year for insurance.

Maybe it's that time of the year they have to turn the heat on. I could of got stealer down to $17,000 OTD or maybe just below that but I'm still kicking around the idea. I sill don't think that bike is worth that. For that much I would go out and buy a Harley. At least I now I can get alot of my money back when I go to sell it.

Last edited:
Maybe is that time of the year they have to turn the heat on. I could of got stealer down to $17,000 OTD or maybe just below that but I'm still kicking around the idea. I sill don't think that bike is worth that. For that much I would go out and buy a Harley. At least I now I can get alot of my money back when I go to sell it.
But this ain't no Harley!
Jamboa

I sill don't think that bike is worth that. For that much I would go out and buy a Harley.

Ummm, you're forgetting the amount of power this thing has and insane technology. A Harley won't even come close to that. The price is justifiable considering those facts. If you are having any doubts then you shouldn't make the purchase, just go with a Harley and watch as every non Harley bike on the road passes your slow ass!:biglaugh: I retract that statement if you purchase a Vrod, but even then, not a chance against the new Max!

Maybe is that time of the year they have to turn the heat on. I could of got stealer down to $17,000 OTD or maybe just below that but I'm still kicking around the idea. I sill don't think that bike is worth that. For that much I would go out and buy a Harley. At least I now I can get alot of my money back when I go to sell it.
IMO Harley's are just chrome haulers/ image bikes. They are very good at it for sure and ppl pay a lot for the image so they can be different. My buddy has well over $30k invested in his and it is what he likes to ride. He likes my Vmax but prefers his bike as it is more comfortable. He is never going to get more than $20k for his bike is what he told me as the Harley's don't retain their value like they used too. He plans to keep it until he retires it to his garage (aka "the showroom"). But he probably will get a another Harley if I know him.
By the time I have $10-12k in Redbone I should be about done..........then I can save up for a tried and trued next gen Vmax.....then a FJR.....then a.......:biglaugh:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a pissing match. I'm just saying that you can get more of your money back from a Harley when you go to sell it or trade it then you can from a Jap bike someone beat the hell out of. I know the Max will kick the shit out of a Harley, but people will pay for a Harley because it's a status symbol. I not a Harley person, but Yamaha is sure trying to charge us like it was a Harley. The Max is a nice bike, but I don't think it's $20,000 nice. Just my 2 cent's. I'm just letting you guy's know how much I got the stealer's down to so nobody has to pay top dollar for this bike. Also, for 20 grand they need to lose the speed limiter and RPM limiter.

Last edited:
Thanks trapshooter 12,
Just call highlands yamaha and put a deposit on new vmax for $15899 + $40 bucks for doc. fee. OTD is $15939 + my state sales tax in nevada. Great deal on a great bike.
Thanks again.

vrodtom

Harley, did he say Harley, I mean seriously did he say
Harley !:surprise: I'd say the new Vmax would wax the Harley's
ass back to the stone age but it's a Harley,
it's allready there.:rofl_200:

Harley, did he say Harley, I mean seriously did he say
Harley !:surprise: I'd say the new Vmax would wax the Harley's
ass back to the stone age but it's a Harley,
it's allready there.:rofl_200:

It isn't a question about speed or power but retail value, or perceived value.

Yep. And, some of the people that paid (or committed to pay) full retail for their bike have already taken a depreciation hit, given the reduced prices we're already seeing on the new Max. I'm waiting to see how motivated dealers are to sell these things once the snow really begins to fly.

Remember sentimental value. I would SO much rather be on a VMax than a Harley. I can't even begin to tell you how many Harleys are for sale in the local classifieds. It's making me think these guys are in it for the money and not proud of their ride. It sickens me how many are for sale. You're right, no "rice burner" will ever hold a value like a Harley but for some of those guys, why buy a Harley and sell it after one riding season? :confused2: I don't know, just doesn't make sense to me. I will never sell my new Max unless it is a lemon from the start (I don't think that's possible). Hell, I'm even keeping my old Max just because of Sentimental value, it still runs great, still hauls ass, still turns many heads and is still a helluva lot of fun to ride! Money value seems to be a big thing in this thread, you should all just buy Harleys if this be the case!

Latest posts

Back