1300cc Stocker?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCCRUISER

Reaction score
A local for sale posting for a 1988 VMax claims that it is a stock 1300c and that it is documented under the engine cover on the tech sticker. Anyone ever heard of this variant? LC

More info received today on the bike by the current owner/seller. It was supposedly imported from Europe by a Yamaha Dealer for personal use. Also according to the current owner <> "I did some research online and contacted Jon Cornell at UFO Performace cycles (http://www.ufocycles.com/) inquiring as to wether he had even heard of such a thing. (I also sent him a picture of the tech tag) He confirmed that "Yes" Yamaha did make a few 1300cc Max's." BS or not? LC

hey LCC i saw the same ad. i consider it BS

Actually this ad may not be BS as it were. Yamaha ran out of Vmax engines when building the 88 Max and used 1300 Venture engines with Vmax heads on a very limited number of production bikes. Damon Ferriaoulo (damn I hope I spelled that right) from Michigan has run into one of these in the past. With very little research on this particular bike one might be able to confirm it is one of these bikes.

Actually this ad may not be BS as it were. Yamaha ran out of Vmax engines when building the 88 Max and used 1300 Venture engines with Vmax heads on a very limited number of production bikes. Damon Ferriaoulo (damn I hope I spelled that right) from Michigan has run into one of these in the past. With very little research on this particular bike one might be able to confirm it is one of these bikes.

OK Jim, but I stand by my liar comment... :rofl_200:

They must've done that in '99 too. Frank's bike hit 133 hp/89 ft/lbs of torque on his "stock" engine. That's with stage 7 and Kerker.

How's about this picture of the emissions tag for documentation?

I looked at the bike today. Starts and runs. It won't take any throttle at all without stalling and won't stay running without lots of choke. I usually figure that is a carb problem. If the jets are partially clogged, the carbs run lean and you need to add choke.

It's an '88 with nearly 20K miles. Asking price is a bit north of $3K. NADA lists a '95 at $2500. I think this overboard price wise. Opinions?

LC

Attachments

• 1294cc.jpg
    1294cc.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 173

That's what Jon told me! They ran out of Vmax engines and used the Venture engines with V-Max heads. Yes, it's my bike we're talking about here. My name is Jeff and I live in Nashua, NH. As was stated in other posts, I'm selling an '88 V-Max which I believe to be have a stock 1294cc engine. I was told it was a 1294cc engine when I bought it and the tech sticker on the underside of the "tank" states the same. (I've hopefully attached it to this post) In addition to this I'm willing to post anything you think may prove or disprove that this is indeed a stock 1300cc V-Max. I'll be happy to supply any information you think may solve this mystery. What do you want to know/see?

Attachments

• 1294cc.jpg
    1294cc.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 24
I like it. I don't remember where the casting mark is on the block that will verify it for sure. You could use a light or a bore scope and see what the pistons are. OEM vmax are domed and OEM Venture are flat top. Both make the same compression due to the increased bore size of the Venture squeezing into the same combustion chamber.

Sean

What are we talking about here.... Let's get down to business... 1300ccs AND VBoost?

NICE

Seems a little harsh, what's the beef?

Seems like it huh? I just hope he never makes you understand it...

If you ask me it sounds like a bike that should be worth more money if it's a VERY limited edition 1300cc version of a Max but that's just me.

Back