1500cc 86 VMX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a113ycat

Reaction score
Is this possible to be a street legal bike? I havent seen any threads on this type of mod for a daily rider...OR is this guy confused about what he has???

86 custom v-max . motor built to 1500ccs from stock 1 198 . chain drive crossover . front end rake . 4 into one stainless kerker . 168 hp . ten second bike . custom billet wheels . 200 rear tire . too many extras to mention . over 20gs invested 254-421-2269

Original add

http://killeen.craigslist.org/mcy/3000597362.html

Maybe this is a owned by a member on here?

5I75M95J93E43J73N9c56e6c3b8d7d78a1964.jpg

Thats been on Ebay several times I think. Why wouldn't it be legal. Heck, I was thinking there would be more than 24 invested. I think it has been bid over 10 k several times and maybe sold at 14 if it in fact is the same bike. Pretty tame street bike here in south Florida where Kaws and Busas are pushing 300 hp all the time.

By the way. If everything done to that bike checks out, it is an absolute STEAL at his asking price. I could not find the money fast enough to buy it! Do the math just on the motor.

Thats been on Ebay several times I think. Why wouldn't it be legal. Heck, I was thinking there would be more than 24 invested. I think it has been bid over 10 k several times and maybe sold at 14 if it in fact is the same bike. Pretty tame street bike here in south Florida where Kaws and Busas are pushing 300 hp all the time.

I was under the assumption that once you punched out the motor that much you would loose some of the coolant jackets and have to run it on alcohol or am I getting it confused with going to 1700cc???:confused2:

Im waiting to hear back from the guy now... Anything I should be specifically asking about? I do not have too much experience with a bike this modded out..any tips would be appreciated..

I like the early 1970's Yamaha competition paint job, an interesting variance on the theme those era bikes had. I even had a shirt w/that design, a bit tight nowadays, if I still had it. Lawrence, a bike like that, you could just let it idle for about 15 minutes, and if it was gonna overheat, that should do it. What does the guy expect to get? $$$? I did not see the ad.

I just saw the price. You couldn't build one for that w/that equipment & mods.

That motor has to be resleeved to get the coffee can pistons in there. Check out PCW website for info on a 1500 cc build up. Questions to ask? Who did the motor conversion? Any other mods like Hi volume oil pump, tranny under cut, carb work, fork upgrades?
I found a local Max in yellow and told Kyle it had to be this color scheme for me to get along with yellow. Definitely takes me back. Hope you can score this thing. It needs to be ridden, hard, like a naughty girl...Did I cross a line?

Great buy. I'd buy it!
It looks like it's got only one 2 spot caliper on the front, and standard suspension (on an '86!).
Might need a bit of work.
I'd still buy it. WOOHOOOOO!

Holy crap, AC. Man if all the claims check out...shit even if they arent quite exact...that is an absolute steal.

You second guessin' a Gen2? Never mind at that price you could still .

The wheels look like ones that Furbur sells, which I've been dreaming of and are close to a grand if I remember right.

How much does it cost to rake out the front?

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

I still havent heard back from the guy. I am taking my son up to Waco this morning, Im going to try to get with the guy again today when Im driving through his area. Ill pass him twice today and hopefully get to see it and make a deal happen. But Im kinda leaning towards the too good to be true feeling, I guess Im a little pesimistic....

Alot of those adds want you to send a deposit when its a scam but with you actually driving to his place. If its for real he will get back to you. Man i love the skins on that vmax!!!

I'd wanna see some paperwork proving the motor work, and who did it, and what parts etc...someone put hat kind of money into it they oughtta have proof.

The price doesn't make me smell scam really tho, after all, it's an 86, and he's probably a "motivated" seller, These kinds of things never sell for close to what they cost to build

Other than that sounds like a decent deal..

I had a PCW 1500cc 165 RWHP 2000 Vmax. Ran great! Did install a larger radiator, fan switch and Engine Ice coolant. No problems. Real Deal.

rick rash

I agree with Rusty one red flag is the stock carbs my motor was starving on stock carbs with the Morley Kit i had to go with the flatsides to get the Hp and torque #s up.

I never heard from the guy all day...but I did start getting strange phone calls and spam emails after trying to get ahold of the person.... Wouldnt some one on either this forum or the other have seen or heard of this bike? It seem like the person wouldnt have built it in his garage without the help of some other enthusiasts but then again just because Im not a VMAX savant doesnt mean they arent out there...maybe I am just spinning my wheels...back to the drawing board

I never heard from the guy all day...but I did start getting strange phone calls and spam emails after trying to get ahold of the person.... Wouldnt some one on either this forum or the other have seen or heard of this bike? It seem like the person wouldnt have built it in his garage without the help of some other enthusiasts but then again just because Im not a VMAX savant doesnt mean they arent out there...maybe I am just spinning my wheels...back to the drawing board

Theres a guy named Tim up in Dallas that ran an Auto shop that had a yellow 1500 with flatslides and chaindrive, paint was different, VERY nice bike...He ran with a whole gang of nicer than normal vmax bikes at several of our hill country bandera runs. Vernon Hathaway up in Dallas would know him or I know a guy here in Houston that for sure has his number, if you want I can give you some contact info.

Here the one I'm talking about, from what I can tell it's not the same bike tho'

Attachments

• 100_1994.jpg
    100_1994.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_2592.jpg
    100_2592.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_2596.jpg
    100_2596.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 19
Back