1600cc for $2500....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea if someone was really interested i could go take a look, but def seems sketch. If it was $1500 and near derby i bet sean would already be there.

whats the max displacement these engines can do?

That back one's not a radial... Front almost looks like it.

1600 through Cobras? LOL ya right.

The whole thing is fishy. Wish the pics were better. Probably a 1261 but who knows for sure. We are in the process of building a 1509 stroker engine that if bored out like a normal 1500 would be around 1700cc's. We could maybe do the normal 1570 and stroker and get it closer to 1800cc's.

I think we are going to go all out on the drag bike engine's bore this winter (maybe) and if so bore only without stroke will be in the 2500cc range. 2750 or so with the stroke but that will probably not work with that large a bore.

Sean

The whole thing is fishy. Sean

Just talked to the guy. Mid twenties Id guess.

Story goes..:biglaugh: the "guy" who sold it to him did all the work. And on and on about how this guy was a bike wizard. :jerk it:

I told him I couldn't believe him without paperwork in a respectful manner. He responded he would have to remove that part on the ad on craigslist. He will come down. You could measure the displacement.

motor will be in the 2500cc range. 2750 or so with the stroke but that will probably not work with that large a bore.

Sean

:punk:

Holy shit.

Attachments

• 413.jpg
    413.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 414.jpg
    414.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 415.jpg
    415.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 36
  • 421.jpg
    421.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 422.jpg
    422.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 520.jpg
    520.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 521.jpg
    521.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 522.jpg
    522.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 29
This is the best line in the ad

The previous owner who did the work and was a race mechanic claimed 280HP``

280 HP!! And with a Cobra exhaust! Awesome! :rofl_200:

I saw it advertised somewhere that the cobra was the worlds most powerful slip-on. :whistlin::stir pot:

Those must be sold right next to the Civic fart-can mufflers that give you 20 extra HP.

Could a 2liter+ vmax ever be really "streetable", or is something like that exclusively for the drag strip. Scores lots of cool points, but kinda lacks in the practicality department.

I don't think his engine survived the initial pass at the track. We aren't planning on having a cooling system since we are going to be running alcohol.

Sean

Could a 2liter+ vmax ever be really "streetable", or is something like that exclusively for the drag strip. Scores lots of cool points, but kinda lacks in the practicality department.

Id like to find out.

Its just a matter of slipping the clutch to get going provided the carbs were set up for street..

I don't think his engine survived the initial pass at the track. We aren't planning on having a cooling system since we are going to be running alcohol.

Sean

It did, no cooling problems. just traction. I'm going to do another interview article for the winter Vboost about it talking with Paul and Elisabeth. In the next Vboost article I wrote is an interview with Bill Dube' and Killacycle and other thoughts.

Speaking of electric power, his wife (Bill's) Eva, is building a top speed bike for Bonneville. I'll let ya know how it goes. Her electrocat is a sweet lil runabout, I can only imagine the both of them going after a speed record.

My last interview, (if he's willin' :) will be Sean. I'm sure the readers will love it. Then I'm going to be done with the writing for a while. c'ept there is a good chance I'll hook up with Furber this fall; up here; with a few other Vmax's. I'll write about that ride. Looks like an Alaskan ride might take place this year after all :)

I recall the pics and story of Pauls big engine build (unless it was an earlier attempt) years ago. The engine failed very early on and then he was going to build one even bigger and get rid of the water passage completely. Not sure if you ever saw that article. This was quite a long time ago.

Sean

Found some more info on the mad max engine (and will look for more). The date was 1999 which I see he did not send that picture of it. So, it's been well over 10 years since he built it and why has no one heard much about it? The reason (that I think) it has not been heard of is because it blew up. I could easily be wrong. See the center pic for the date.

http://www.vmaxchat.co.uk/Baltera2400.htm

Latest posts

Back