17" wheels and extended swingarm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian, you're 0 for 2. Looking for 3" over arm with 17" wheels. Toxic is 6" over, the red bike from sean's facebook has 17" wheels. **EDIT, Brian is right, it is 18" according to Sean. He is now batting a .500** These are inadmissable evidence, LOL. Thanks for the help, really. I'm just looking for very specific photos because I'm trying to see what the bike will look like with these parts because I don't want to spend the money and find out the hard way I don't like it!

The link to Gary's site is just what I was looking for. 3" over, 17" wheels, and stock rear fender. I forgot to mention the fender in the original post. I'm running a bunch of ideas through my head and not sure what to do. I keep thinking that USD forks would be sweet too but that is way too much $$$.

Next would be to find a picture of a max with 3" over arm, 17" wheels, stock rear fender, and USD front end.

That picture of the red bike has 17" wheels actually on the rear. Stock front.

Ok, I guess I'm not a smartass, I'm a dumbass! Sorry Brian. Thanks sean. The fender is so close to the tire in the pic I assumed it was a 18". I guess relocated shocks or shorter shock would account for that though.

Yep, it's got the shocks mounts back in the 3" back position. This lowers the bike a little over 2". We can relocate the shock mounts back forward to close to stock position for those with aftermarket shocks already.

i bet some 14" shocks work well with 3" stretched eh?

Yep! That's why I have suggest to get the ZRX shocks which are just a shade longer then 14" and are piggy backs! They need one bushing changed out from your original shock to work.

I have no idea what I'm going to do at this point:bang head:

If I had money to throw at it I'd just buy USD front end, otec triples, sportbike front wheel, and convert a sportbike rear wheel and be done with it. Only one problem. $$$$ Anyone have these parts for sale, cheap

Just me but prefer the 18" 2 reasons , fills in the rear fender and the 18" works well with the stock gearing so you dont need the venture setup.

If I had money to throw at it I'd just buy USD front end, otec triples, sportbike front wheel, and convert a sportbike rear wheel and be done with it. Only one problem. $$$$ Anyone have these parts for sale, cheap

I have had a bargain deal on 17's but there was no interesting along US customers. For sure there are 2 happy persons in the world right now, one form Finland and one from Philipines.

if i did it all over again i'd probably do an 18" rear. i'm keeping my 18" front for a reason.

Back