• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1993 Yamaha Vmax - Blue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it looks clean, but the list price new in 1993 was never this: This was an expensive bike to buy new, close to $15,000.

I bought my '92 from the dealer and it was ~$6K. I have the original sales receipt in a file, but I didn't check it.

You'll have better luck w/the end of the riding season sale if you come-down about $1K. Hey, you get to ask whatever you want, I just don't think you are going to generate much interest at that price. Perhaps the western NY market is stronger. Call PCW and ask them what they would give you, or Cycle One-Off in Rochester to get an estimate of fair-market value.

Addendum:
I spent time going thru the detail pics, and it is a sweet-looker! For someone who doesn't want to go thru the time and expense of getting their bike to near-showroom shape, this bike could be the ticket. I would say that if this was a 1985 looking like this, it would be worth-it (& probably-more!) because of the first-year status. With it being the 1993, where the brakes, chassis components and electrics got some significant upgrades, it does have the better set-up compared to the pre-1993's.

All I can think is that someone didn't ride it, and kept it in a climate-controlled garage. It doesn't appear to have any of the age-related issues evident upon inspection, though I could name a few that affect every bike. Brake fluid lifting the paint on the master brake & clutch cyl's. Do they even make Dunlop 491's any-more? I didn't google to see, but that was a popular tire, in the 1980's; I was more-partial to the 591's on my KZ1000's. The 491's were too-hard for a torque-laden bike like the VMax, they were more-suitable for a Harley. OK, I searched, and found they do still make 491's. I still think they are too-hard and would make the ride slithery on cornering.

The HP & torque #'s along w/the original price claimed are hyperbolic. Ah, so-what? Someone buying this should know what they have, as-in 110 RWHP & 76 ft/lb torque. The MSRP at the end of production was barely-over $11K. Caveat emptor!

It's still a well-preserved bike and almost looks like a crated bike, a leftover, pulled-out and put into-service. Anyone recall that BSA that British Only in Garden City MI had? Here's an old thread: http://www.vmaxforum.net/archive/index.php/t-27003.html

Last edited:
Nice clean bike, looks new from the pictures. I think some 1 may jump on it.
Some 1 looking for a low miles new looking bike. But me I would offer him $4500.00 and see what he say. And work from there.

Latest posts

Back