1st Annual Vmax Rally In the Valley Maggie Valley NC

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking Scuff and I will show up a couple of days early to get some extra mountain riding in!...............:punk:...............Tom.

I am pretty sure Stanley is coming a couple days early or staying a couple days after one. I cant remember but I will check & if yall come early your more than welcome to camp out at the house on this side of town. It takes about 30 minutes to get to the dragon from my house.

Ran into an old friend last night, was telling him about my trip and he said to check out Shady Valley Tn, claims the whole area absolutly rocks for twistie mountain riding, Sounds like a day trip to me!!..............:biglaugh:.............Tom.

Ran into an old friend last night, was telling him about my trip and he said to check out Shady Valley Tn, claims the whole area absolutly rocks for twistie mountain riding, Sounds like a day trip to me!!..............:biglaugh:.............Tom.

That is 150 miles from me I will have to go check it out one day. I don't know if I can find many more corners though than the roads here & in NC & NG that I have been riding.

I will likely make it one one of my destinations for earlier in the week along with visiting a buddy of Patricks "Scuff" who lives down there........................Tom.

That is 150 miles from me I will have to go check it out one day. I don't know if I can find many more corners though than the roads here & in NC & NG that I have been riding.
I used to live in ATL and would spend many a weekend/ a Sunday with a trip (in a cage unfortunately!) during the summer in North Georgia exploring different area's. Lot of great roads as Kyle said and many a trip ended up having lunch/ dinner at the Pink Pig in Cherry Log, GA.

This will be a great time!! I'll be rolling in around Aug 27-28, and staying until Labor day Monday. These are some of the best roads you guys will ever see, and if Kyle does the smoker thing, some of the best BBQ you will ever taste :eusa_dance: I'm looking forward to it, and may have room available if some one needs to split a room. Will know better as we get closer, but I'll certainly keep the option open for you guys if it presents itself.

Love the Smokies :) Beautiful scenery. Wife and myself go end of Oct first of Nov every year.

Damn it. Wont be able to make it. Already taking a week off in September for a cruise to the Bahamas with the ole lady.

Id love to go to this. I bailed on my normal trip with my buddies in may. Pockets arent as deep once your a home owner. Would have to find someone to car pool with tho. Not sure my old shitty chevy would make it down there.

Im not gonna make any promises but ill do the best i can to make it down there.

1 mile west, and opposite side of the hwy is Smoky Falls Lodge. We've stayed there a couple of times. It is first rate & cater to bikers, including a covered garage for the bikes....but it is a bit "pricier".

http://www.smokyfallslodge.com/

1 mile west, and opposite side of the hwy is Smoky Falls Lodge. We've stayed there a couple of times. It is first rate & cater to bikers, including a covered garage for the bikes....but it is a bit "pricier".

http://www.smokyfallslodge.com/

Looks le a nice place ! I spoke with the the lady that does the booking at the Clarketon this morning but she was not in the office. She is going to call me & see if they had any cancelations & if not she said there was a place I believe right next door. I will let everyone know asap !

Looks le a nice place ! I spoke with the the lady that does the booking at the Clarketon this morning but she was not in the office. She is going to call me & see if they had any cancelations & if not she said there was a place I believe right next door. I will let everyone know asap !

Using street view on Google maps, I didn't see anything that resembles a motel/hotel anywhere near "right next door"....but sometimes, if a business sits off the roadway a bit, and has lots of decorative bushes in the front.....it may not be easy to spot with street view images.

I DO know there are an abundance of good motels all along Soco Rd in that area, and that most of them are biker friendly - always packed with bikers when we've been in Maggie.

Latest posts

Back