1st Annual Vmax Rally In the Valley Maggie Valley NC

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a room but looks like I need to cancel due to new job and my days I will be working.. Guess the best I can do it plan to make it next year. Finally got a full time job, no more year to year contract....unless the government kills the job...lol For all you Vets It's at the VA here in Richmond..... Oh I booked the room Thursday- Saturday night. I will call them and cancel the room if you know your ready for it.

Well Congrats on the job but it sucks you cant make the rally .

Kyle between going to college and work, I get about a 1/2 day off a week to do things... Laundry...or clean ....lol so yea about next year I should be good for a break.... And your area is close enough for me to visit.. Just need a 4 day weekend...lol

Just put in my vacation time, so it looks like I'm going. Anyone else coming from anywhere near Columbia, SC that wants to ride up together?

Waiting to hear back from Wirenut about staying with him from the event.

That is a good place for a rally. I`ll try to get over there that weekend. There is a annual rally at Deals Gap Lodge the 3rd weekend of Sept. You live real close, Marysville which is about 40 mi. away. You need to come on over there also. Tom Rouse

That is a good place for a rally. I`ll try to get over there that weekend. There is a annual rally at Deals Gap Lodge the 3rd weekend of Sept. You live real close, Marysville which is about 40 mi. away. You need to come on over there also. Tom Rouse

I will come over there I am only 24 miles from the deals gap resort

Just throwing this out there:

Somehow I snookered a friend into making this Maggie Valley trip with me (mentioning 'road trip' had something to do with it) and that means I can afford to go now since I have someone to split expenses with.

If there is anyone making this trip that lives north of Reidsville, NC and you wanted to break your trip up so that you only had to travel about 4 or 5 hrs. the morning of Sept. 1st, you are more than welcome to stop and spend the night (Aug. 31st) at my place out in the country that I call my 'cabin'. It is a 14X80 single wide mobile home with 3 bedrooms/2 baths. Both couches in the living room are sleep-able too. I also have 4 or 5 blow up air matresses and plenty of sleeping bags. I have had up to 9 people at a time stay out there for several days whenever my motorcycle friends want to gather up and do some riding in the mountains.

Being in the presence of a bunch of Vmaxes running at the same time is the last thing I need to complete my bucket list so I'm just going to go for it with this trip.

I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to ride the bike there or trailer it but, if I do trailer it, anyone that stops by the cabin that day is welcome to throw their 'stuff' in the back of the truck so their bike is a little lighter.

If folks do stop for the night I will cook supper that night and breakfast the next morning for anyone that can stomach my cooking. Probably leave fairly early the morning of the 1st to be in Maggie Valley no later than noon.

Anyway, just a thought.

John

Just throwing this out there:

Somehow I snookered a friend into making this Maggie Valley trip with me (mentioning 'road trip' had something to do with it) and that means I can afford to go now since I have someone to split expenses with.

If there is anyone making this trip that lives north of Reidsville, NC and you wanted to break your trip up so that you only had to travel about 4 or 5 hrs. the morning of Sept. 1st, you are more than welcome to stop and spend the night (Aug. 31st) at my place out in the country that I call my 'cabin'. It is a 14X80 single wide mobile home with 3 bedrooms/2 baths. Both couches in the living room are sleep-able too. I also have 4 or 5 blow up air matresses and plenty of sleeping bags. I have had up to 9 people at a time stay out there for several days whenever my motorcycle friends want to gather up and do some riding in the mountains.

Being in the presence of a bunch of Vmaxes running at the same time is the last thing I need to complete my bucket list so I'm just going to go for it with this trip.

I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to ride the bike there or trailer it but, if I do trailer it, anyone that stops by the cabin that day is welcome to throw their 'stuff' in the back of the truck so their bike is a little lighter.

If folks do stop for the night I will cook supper that night and breakfast the next morning for anyone that can stomach my cooking. Probably leave fairly early the morning of the 1st to be in Maggie Valley no later than noon.

Anyway, just a thought.

John

Great to hear you can make it ! I think we are going to have a good time. Also very nice of you to put up this offer for people again. I have to say you are a great host so if any one stops thru they will have good company & good food !

Has anyone heard from Wirenut? I messaged him about taking him up on the offer to split a room but haven't heard back.

Thanks!

At this point I think it is only going to be 2 guided rides for sure & let everyone have some time to do there own thing if they want. Also how many people are planning on being there Thursday ?

I am trying to figure out cooking thinking Thursday might be a good day for me to BBQ. I am sure we will do the guided rides Friday & Saturday .

I could cook Sunday but I have to check out Sunday so if I dont that I would have to use Chopcoars kitchen or I could leave early Sunday & come home & yall could do the Dragon run on SUnday & come by the house for a late lunch .

I just heard back from Wirenut and due to a change in his plans, I won't be able to share a room with him. Is there anyone that would be willing to let me crash in their room Friday and Saturday nights? I can throw a few dollars in to compensate if need be.

Thanks, guys!

Reese

Scuff and I will be arriving late monday sometime, we may have a 3rd come down with us but not sure at this point, you can count us in for some of Capn's BBQ!!!.......:worthy:.......And don't think about getting any nap time in Jamie, Patrick and I will just pull holeshots outside your door until you come out and ride with us!......:biglaugh:........Do you plan on attending also Eric?...........:punk:.........Tom.

I just heard back from Wirenut and due to a change in his plans, I won't be able to share a room with him. Is there anyone that would be willing to let me crash in their room Friday and Saturday nights? I can throw a few dollars in to compensate if need be.

Thanks, guys!

Reese

Hopefully someone will chime in so you can make it . I already have an extra sleeping on the floor so we are all full .

I will be heading there either Friday night or early am Saturday. Bringing a tent on the bike will sleep wherever. Any set plans for Saturday and where will everyone be? I noticed most will be in rooms so I maybe not close to where y'all have rooms

Back