VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackRomeGA

Reaction score
I have a great battery it has plenty of charge. My recent problem is when trying to start my bike it cranks all day long, but no ignition. At first there was no spark and then I'll tried it again and it fired right up. It did this for a couple of days and now it seems to be completely dead. My battery still has a great charge.
My question is there an
ignition part that acts up like this when it's going out?
Anyone know if the pick-up coil acts like this when it's on it's way out?

:bang head::bang head:

I have a great battery it has plenty of charge. My recent problem is when trying to start my bike it cranks all day long, but no ignition. At first there was no spark and then I'll tried it again and it fired right up. It did this for a couple of days and now it seems to be completely dead. My battery still has a great charge.
My question is there an
ignition part that acts up like this when it's going out?
Anyone know if the pick-up coil acts like this when it's on it's way out?

Picuk coil as said and starting circut has to be check.
You will find evrything in the manual.

I know you said you have a good battery but what is the cranking voltage? The starters are very effecient and even with a bad battery will crank like it's good. Try a simple test by jump starting it off the car and see what it does.

Sean

Yeah, what Sean said. Or push it down the driveway like I used to do. Fired right up either way, but not while I had the starter button depressed and the starter was cranking.

Picuk coil as said and starting circut has to be check.
You will find evrything in the manual.

Bike started today, I let it run to charge ran like a champ. No spark once again and I'm getting 00.00 when testing with an OHM meter.
I'm rather new at using a tester so I tested one of the coils and I got a reading within what the manual states.
is it normal to get a 00.00 reading if the pickup coil is out? and at times it's working.

Back