2004 vmax battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had this UB12180 AGM (Panasonic Replacement) on my Vmax for about 5 years now and I'm very happy with it.
http://www.apexbattery.com/universal-ub12180-12-volts-18-amp-hours-sla-battery-d5745.html
It's a major improvement over the 2 OEM Batteries I used previous to this one, they only lasted about 3 years each.
CCA is 283 vs 200 of Stock Battery vs 220 CCA of Odyssey PC680 and 18 Ah vs 16 Ah of Stock Battery and Odyssey.
Cranks well even in the cold, which for me means about 20-30 degrees F.
I do keep it on a trickle charger pretty much year round and I don't think I'll need a new one for at least 2-3 years or more.
I believe I paid about $40 for mine when I bought it, but it looks like you can get the same Battery here for $38.75:
http://www.batteryconcepts.net/yuasa/ub12180.html

Last edited:
I just ordered a Bike Master True Gel. Anyone tried these out yet? Premium price at $139.99 but comes with a 2 year warranty. I have a battery tender on the bike already. My bike has been cranking slow after sitting over night without the battery tender plugged in and a couple of days ago I tried to start it after sitting for only 45 minutes and it wouldn't crank. I guess I should make sure the charging system is working to. This battery that's in it is only supposed to be a few months old but I'm not sure what brand it is. It was in the bike when I bought it

I also have been using the Panasonic one for almost 4 years now and have been on BatteryMinder a few times if I couldn't ride for a month or longer (3-4 times).
It is an awesome battery for the money and for the money, you can't beat it!

Another vote for Odessy PC 680. Not the MJ model.
$109 shipped, dang, where do you guys find these deals? If Kyle and Sean didn't have all my $ spoken for, I'd buy another just to throw on the shelf! Shesh, $109. Where was that deal when I bought mine! &"@?x;@/?!&$€??#%!!!

I got the Panasonic about three years ago, never a problem, fits perfect.

I put a battery tender jr. on every other month through the winter.

Got the bike out today to go for a ride, the Panasonic finally died! Had it on the battery tender for the last week and it's got nothing but a little left, not enough to start.

So, five months short of 6 years on this battery. Seems well worth it to me.

Got the bike out today to go for a ride, the Panasonic finally died! Had it on the battery tender for the last week and it's got nothing but a little left, not enough to start.

So, five months short of 6 years on this battery. Seems well worth it to me.

Dammit! I just lied!

Went out and took the battery out to replace and it is a Universal brand. I have no idea when I got that one.

I hate senior moments.

Dammit! I just lied!

Went out and took the battery out to replace and it is a Universal brand. I have no idea when I got that one.

I hate senior moments.

It's probably the same Battery from 6 yeas ago, the Universal Power Group makes the UB12180 that is a replacement for the Panasonic.
I've had my UB12180 in my Max for almost 7 years now.

Latest posts

Back