2006 ..best slip ons?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dman1961

Reaction score
Ok so im buying the 06... what slip ons are the best to make it sound like a small block chevy... lol... I want goood ones bros... thanks for the help

D

Small block? Pfft. 454 with a hot cam in it is more like it.

Buddy used to have a truck with a done up Ford 460 in it. Sounded surprisingly similar to my bike with Holeshots. (just it was a LOT louder, haha).

Dale Walker (Holeshot Performance) doesn't make the slip-ons any more, just full systems.

To my knowledge Supertrapps are the only slip-ons that are still being made new and are fairly popular. You can play with the # of discs to make it as loud or quiet as you want. You may find some used cans of other brands. Cobra 4-4's should be avoided, they cause a big HP loss from too little backpressure.

The supertrapps sound fairly similar to the Holeshots, they have a bit more "boomy" bass to them, a bit more "woof woof woof woof" underneath. Both sounded great.

My new 2005 came with super trap slip ons. The are loaded with 6 or 8 disks. Does sound like a small Bloch Chevy. It is loud!

Anyone know how much they cost?

Some of the Allen screws are out of the end caps. Was told the broke off. Anyone tell me how to fix them?

I love the sound of Jardine slip-ons. I just bought a second-hand pair that are Hindle branded but the same. You can still buy them new too. Not as loud as the Supertrapps and better looking IMHO. Much better on your ears if you do a lot of miles, and easier on the neighbors. Still sound mean when you really open it up, and a lovely V4 burbly sound on idle.

http://www.metricthunder.com/Mercha...OD&Product_Code=16-2004-01&Category_Code=EX35

How do those Jardine Slip-ons compare to the delkevic? I like the look of the jardines a lot better. My bike came with Delkevic slip ons, and I feel like they just take away from the look. I want less sport bike looking exhaust, but I don't want to loose the nice sound or any ponies.

I had Jardine slip on's on my Max. They sounded OK, but had a lot of popping on deceleration. Just got a set of Mark's 4 into 2, which is supposed to have that V 8 sound. Still waiting on it from the shop. Already feeling withdrawals.... :)

I've had Jardine slip-ons (they made the Holeshot slip-ons) but no longer available from either, Kerker slip-ons (The chrome ones. They make aluminum finish also) and Supertrapp (both black and stainless but never installed the stainless) on my Maxes. The Kerkers sounded best in my opinion and are still available but are EXPENSIVE!!! All except the Jardine's were too loud for me but I don't like loud mufflers. As a result I have gone back to stock. Have been thinking about modding them slightly but have never heard modded stock in person. I don't trust recordings or videos to exactly represent the sound and especially the volume.

There are also some European slip-ons available. I believe Exactrep shows some on their website but again, very expensive. Delkevic is probable the best price but I have no experience with them.

My opinion......opinion only.....

I had Jardine slip-ons and Supertrapp slip-ons......

My bike sounded better with open headers than with either......no shit.....

I heard a Kerker 4-1 with comp baffle at a V-max gathering......WIN!!!!!

That bike sounded like a sprint car.......most glorious music I have ever heard from any bike in my life......

My bike sounded like a child's toy in comparison......

To me the V-Max is like Heavy Metal music.......louder is better......

Back