Quantcast

6th annual rally in the smoky mountains

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

Keep the rally in Tennessee and still have the BBQ or go back to Maggie Valley no BBQ

• Keep the rally in Tennessee with the BBQ

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Have it in Maggie valley this year and scale back the BBQ to just hamburgers & hotdogs & chips

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

CaptainKyle

Reaction score
Alright I am trying to figure out next year's rally . Part of me want's to keep it in Tennessee because the hotel is nice & big enough for us & they treat us well. The other part of me wants to go back to go back to Maggie valley for at least this year just to be closer to some other riding roads.
Also thinking if we do Maggie valley scaling back on the food & maybe just doing burgers & dogs on the grill and that would save us from having to have a room with a Kitchen.
The place we used the first year in Maggie valley treated us good to but is not big enough anymore so would need to find another place. Skip Duke had showed me one. I really need to go over & check some places out if we do Maggie Valley.

Parminio

Reaction score
I see what you mean. The ride is better to get to Maggie Valley than it is when you get there. You have to turn around and head back the way you came to get any decent roads.

Tough call.

CaptainKyle

Reaction score
I see what you mean. The ride is better to get to Maggie Valley than it is when you get there. You have to turn around and head back the way you came to get any decent roads.

Tough call.
We have good roads here. I am right by the Dragon & Cherohala skyway and Devils Triangle is out towards Knoxville but we have been doing them the last 4 years. There are a couple good loops off the Blue Ridge which is close to Maggie valley

2 wheel

Reaction score
Been trying to make it down for a couple years now. Had reservations at the Gateway Inn this past September and had to cancel due to covid and closed border crossings...What are the dates and where do we need to book a room for the ride in 2021?

CaptainKyle

Reaction score
Been trying to make it down for a couple years now. Had reservations at the Gateway Inn this past September and had to cancel due to covid and closed border crossings...What are the dates and where do we need to book a room for the ride in 2021?
It will be in Maggie Valley this year & will be Thursday 9-2 till Sunday 9-5 I still have not picked the hotel yet I am going to try & do that soon. I don't think the Hotel I used over there the first year is big enough now.

2 wheel

Reaction score
It will be in Maggie Valley this year & will be Thursday 9-2 till Sunday 9-5 I still have not picked the hotel yet I am going to try & do that soon. I don't think the Hotel I used over there the first year is big enough now.
Sounds good!
Let us know what type of accommodations we should be booking when you find the location . Happy New Year's to all !🏍💥

Latest posts