7 Now Dead From Burnout Gone Wrong In Tennessee

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats terrible when things like this happen.An open class mudbogger came out of the pit and through the crowd here many years ago.They had people sitting in the grass 10 feet away with a ribbon barrier.Many were hurt and some died.They never should have wound up a dragster without being on a strip between the concrete barriers.Stupidity will lead to a lot of lawsuites and kill real racing.Have you ever heard of somebody doing doughnuts at a bike night and losing the bike into the crowd?When I see that kind of stuff going on I usually go the other way.

Man, that sucks. Have to agree, full blown drag car has no business running like that with an unprotected crowd that close.

Shawn...

I was blown away when my wife woke me up last night and told me to watch CNN. Then, when I saw the actual footage of the burnout today, I was like WTF???

It was just like a crowd at your hometown 4th of July parade lining the streets, then someone in a 2500 HP fuelie does a full on burnout. The guy didn't hold anything back and lit them up, then let loose of the brake and the left rear tire hooked after what looked like a few hundred feet...blamo. Estimated he was going around 70 mph when he hit the pole, then the crowd.

This is one of (if not the) most senseless mistakes I have ever seen in my life.

:ummm:

Looks like someone was pushing the car too far..

Very unfortunate... :(

I would hate to be the family of one of the victims..

We all know it will end up in litlgation, which is not the best solution. I do think there is a certain amount of inherient risk involved in attending any sort of event. Unfortunately sometimes these risks become a a reality to the victims, and the family of the victim is enraged on behalf of a decision they didn't make.

I can really see both sides, and I do feel terrible for the deaths, I know how I would fell if it were one of my children. BUT I think this is another example of one of the current "problems with society" we are not always ready to accept responsible for our own actions and decisions..

The driver was in the wrong, that is for sure, I cannot compare his burnout to others because the video only showed his. He definately did not have complete control. The spectators also made a choice, where to stand and how close.. I would like to think that this would be a factor in the lawsuit, but it seems usually the blame will be on the guy who lost control, not the people standing too close...

There is risk in every event.

There was a bicycle ride through my small town here in Nebraska last year, some ass clown was riding across a railroad crossing and crashed, breaking his neck.. The way he landed he had a blocked airway and was only saved due to the quick reaction of the EMT's and a passerby. He sued the Railroad saying that the crossing that I ride across everyday is not safe, and won some stupid amount of money. Now really who is at fault??

Think about this next time you are at an event where you could be in a potentially dangerous position, and remind yourself of the anguish your position could cause A LOT of people.......

my heart goes out to the loved ones of the victims of this accident. 1. there should never be a full blown drag race on the public streets, the roads are not complety flat .they are graded with a radious to let rain drain off the road ,drag strips are completly flat to keep dragsters in a strait line when they take off.cement barricades keep the cars on the track most of the time.poor planning will get people killed. safety should be the number one concern .buckridge

Latest posts

Back