• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

'85 in New Jersey $2950

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty-clean, the carbs and pipe are worth nearly $2K. Wide wheels, for radials, I think I can smell a Kyle trip for this one, worth more than the asking price parted-out.

Anyone see in the pic of the carbs, the final drive cover is off?

So, I'm thinking a non-runner, carbs need cleaned, and a non-stopper, brakes & clutch need cleaned/rebuilt master cyl's. Still very worthwhile.

Kyle, are you on the Garden State Parkway yet? Say hi to The Boss while you're up there.

ClickHandler.ashx
ClickHandler.ashx

I bought this bike today. The engine runs very good .... it started right up and idled perfectly after I drained the carburetor bowls. Couldn't ride it - the clutch controls are not working. Hopefully just needs to be bled properly, the slave and master have been rebuilt.

I was guaranteed that 2nd gear has no issues, we'll see when I get the clutch sorted out.

I got the history on the bike..... it was built by Jon Cornell.

A lot of nice parts on the bike. It has a Kerker that is in very good shape and came with both the a 1.5" and 2" baffle. It has a UFO Starfighter seat that is perfect, an 18" rear wheel and matching front. UFO VGas flatslides, new Progressive shocks in the rear, and drag bars with the UFO riser.

So I need to decide if I will clean it up, fix the clutch then ride it, sell it, or part it out.

Unfortunately it's worth more parted out I'm afraid......but I always lean toward saving the bike and getting it back ripping up a road somewhere.

I'll post some more and take some photos soon, it's still on the trailer.

That's cool. Sounds like an even better deal after hearing the history.

I'm glad someone snagged this one, I have been watching it for awhile but never jumped upon it since its a few states up north....

I bought this bike today. The engine runs very good .... it started right up and idled perfectly after I drained the carburetor bowls. Couldn't ride it - the clutch controls are not working. Hopefully just needs to be bled properly, the slave and master have been rebuilt.

I was guaranteed that 2nd gear has no issues, we'll see when I get the clutch sorted out.

I got the history on the bike..... it was built by Jon Cornell.

A lot of nice parts on the bike. It has a Kerker that is in very good shape and came with both the a 1.5" and 2" baffle. It has a UFO Starfighter seat that is perfect, an 18" rear wheel and matching front. UFO VGas flatslides, new Progressive shocks in the rear, and drag bars with the UFO riser.

So I need to decide if I will clean it up, fix the clutch then ride it, sell it, or part it out.

Unfortunately it's worth more parted out I'm afraid......but I always lean toward saving the bike and getting it back ripping up a road somewhere.

I'll post some more and take some photos soon, it's still on the trailer.

Congrats on getting the bike.

Congrats on getting the bike.

That's cool. Sounds like an even better deal after hearing the history.

Thanks.

Here are a few photos.

I didn't think the scoops were going to be real good because they looked pitted but they werent. Just in need of a good cleaning.

I did a quick clean on one side of the wheel and it looks great too. Polished aluminum with really no pitting at all.

Initially I wasn't sure that I liked that style of wheel.....but after looking at them while, and after now after cleaning them, I kind of dig them. They have a vintage "hot rod" look to them.

They are made by Ego Tripp, I've had 3 other Gen 1's going back to 1989 and I can't say I remember these wheels.

So I'll be spending some time going through the bike and cleaning it when I can, kinda busy in work right now and I'm still recovering from back surgery so the progress will be slow.

Finally got around to firing the bike up. Sounds great to me.....my last Gen 1 that I owned for a bunch of years also had VGas and a Kerker pipe.

I was told it made 124 HP which sounds about right, my 98 made 123 with filters on and around 128 without. It had the race baffle installed though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuozh9MpuOE

Back