85 yamaha rz 500 on ebay(2stroker)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THAT IS ONE BAD BIKE! Back in the 80's Suzuki made one first that was 2 stroke 4 cylinder and 4 exhaust. Yamaha made this to keep up. They were the beggining of the white knuckle track bikes because they perform for the track.

The 2 stroke design makes the power band on them hit like a 10 pound hammer,watching video of them you see a fast bike...then the second that power band "snaps" you see a scary fast bike that can barely keep the wheel down.

I want one SO bad!

Kids today have no idea what a 2 stroke is! My friends rz 350 was a handful ,wheelie machine. Did anyone take note to the speedometer it went to 200+ dont no if that was mph or kmh.I could see it now sitting at a stop light smoke pouring out of the exhaust and up comes a gixer and he thinks you are riding some worn out 4 stroke,light turns green and its on! OH yeah i want 1. Sean did you have 1? Jim 3933

The speedo was in kilometers, so it read to about about 150mph, though I doubt it could go that fast. Definitely a rare collector's bike...seems like any 2 stroke street bike commands a hefty price now.

It'd be a fun toy, but for a daily rider it really isn't too practical. 2 stroke bikes get horrid mileage-- if you think the Max chugs fuel. I don't know about this Yammy v4, but I knew a guy with one of the Kawi 750's, and he reported average mileage in the 20's. Plus, like all 2 strokes the powerband is very peaky and narrow. Once you get the revs up it takes off, but in the low-mid range they have nothing. Makes them kinda hard to live with for anything but flat-out performance.

The 2hi-2lo exhaust is pretty sweet though. Bet it has an interesting sound, like one of the OMC V4 outboards.

Latest posts

Back