86 forks.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swrsmik

Reaction score
Can you plug air holes in early forks & slide them up to drop front an inch or so.can't buy springs or forks right now.tried downsizing spacers but its a little sloppy.

Yep, there is a thread here somewhere. I use a tiny allen head set screw with a drop of CyA glue or silicone adhesive would work. You could change your fork oil on the cheap at this time and maybe offset lack of air pressure. Ask Sean what he suggests.

All downsizing the spacers will do is make your already soft forks even softer.

Plug em and slide em up. I would suggest to go no more than 1" with stock springs or else you may end up seeing your front fender kiss the radiator.

If you shortened the spacer in the forks, you may want to go back in and put it back to stock length, or even longer for more preload.

Yeah,sounds like a plan.I took 1.5" out of spacer & adjusted with air.looks good and doesn't hit radiator(close though)but too soft.I will put back 1.5-2" and see how it feels.thanks for all your input guys.

Latest posts

Back