98 R1 caliper fit 85 max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will not be a direct bolt on, you will need an adapter for it to work.
Here is one vendor, although he is in England, does nice work: http://www.customvmaxservices.co.uk/
You'll have to scroll down a bit but it the brake adapter for 41mm forks.
Sean and Kyle both sell adapters to bolt on '98 - '04 (may be more years) Hayabusa 6 piston calipers but you'll need to add 298mm rotors. I have these and the stopping power is amazing.
http://www.morleysmuscle.com/muscle-bikes/vmax/brakes

I did the mod years ago and got the adapters from the same guy.
Sometimes he is selling them on ebay.
Adapters are massive billet ones. Very strong, perfect fit.

So highly recommended if you don't want to upgrade the fork.

Upgrading the fork can be cost effective since you won't need new rotors and adapters.

Good radial masters and adjustable levers are also a very good option.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

and you need larger rotors (298mm)
Great minds think alike Bill! I went back to edit my original post after thinking it did not answer the original poster properly with what else he would need for the conversion. I looked for the U.S supplier that did the billet adapter but could not find it. But IMO the Busa brake conversion is better for the '85 -'92 bikes with the 41mm forks as I'm well pleased with my setup.
IMG_0844.jpg IMG_0848.jpg

Another option is the 6 piston caliper off of the old fzr 1000 direct bolt on sometime you can find them on ebay im not sure what years you can use i think mine are off of a 92 or 94

Great minds think alike Bill! I went back to edit my original post after thinking it did not answer the original poster properly with what else he would need for the conversion. I looked for the U.S supplier that did the billet adapter but could not find it. But IMO the Busa brake conversion is better for the '85 -'92 bikes with the 41mm forks as I'm well pleased with my setup.
View attachment 36113 View attachment 36114

I agree with you Brian, if I had do it over again I would go with the busa conversion. less expensive and its a 6 piston caliper compared to a 4.

Back