A Big Thank You to the Brownie Runners!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
Heidi & I finally used the gift card that was given to us by the Brownie Run guys. The card was to a really class 5 star joint in Albany called "Angelo's 677 Prime," because it is located at 677 Broadway...I guess.

Well, I pull in to park and one of the valets comes over and says we can't park there, if I didn't want to pay for valet parking I'd have to park in the street. I look at the "valet parking service" and see that people would pull their Beemers and Lincolns up, get out and the valet would get in, drive the car no more than 3 car lengths, park it and hand the guy his keys. The guy would then hand the valet a $5 for his 'efforts'!

I thought, screw that, that fiver'll prolly buy us another glass of water....maybe two!! :biglaugh: So I parked Heidi's Camry in the street!!

It was really nice inside, lots of pretty people eating great looking food. I was there too!

I ordered a 14 oz. filet mignon with parmesan & white truffle oil steak fries, giant onion rings w/homemade ranch, 2 jumbo crab stuffed shrimp (which were nearly the size of lobster tails!) and a ginger ale.

Heidi ordered NY strip steak, grilled asparagus with pecorino (which I believe is pronounced 'pecker-ino'), a couple more crab stuffed shrimp, a sea salt baked spud and a glass of merlot.

They had Russian golden imperial osetra cavier as a special, 28oz. for a mere $260, but after much debate we passed on it! Why would anyone pay THAT kind of coin for fish eggs? :confused2:

We had a great time, sitting there with the 'privledged's folks' and badly over-ate....just like I promised. Well...I did, Heidi, of course, was much smarter and ate less than half her steak and other stuff so she will get to enjoy it all over again today....unless some starving v maxer makes off with it.:biglaugh:

It was extremely generous and kind of you guys to do that for us, thank you very much!

When I saw the amount on the gift card I thought there would be enough for us to go at least two different times.....but as it turned out, that was not true...there is nothing left! They even took the spent card! :bang head:

Truely a 'dining experience,' maybe we can all ride there on the 2010 Brownie Run, just to watch the valet's freak!! :punk:

Thanks again!!
danny

glad u had a good time danny. honored we could help out...

too bad u couldn't get a couple meals outa it, but the intent was to send u to the nicest place in the area.

Heidi and I have been squirreling away the Visa gift card....that the 2010 Brownie Runners were so thoughtful and generous to give us....for just the right exciting event to occur to spend it on.

Well, that event has arrived but unfortunately is not very exciting. We will use the card to pay for pumping out the septic tank! The thrills of owning a home on the edge of civilization....eh!

Somewhat of a crappy subject fer sure :biglaugh:...in no way does it affect our gratitude towards you guys for your kindness.....we thank you! :worthy:

Discussions have begun at BRC regarding BR'11...it will, of course, be held Memorial Day Weekend 2011!! :clapping:

glad we could give u such a crappy gift!

I should be there barring any weird demands from work schedule or fellow employee vacation demands for the same time. It will probably be a Canadian route this year so will include all those living in the Sudbury/ Toronto/ Montreal corridor for meetup/ ride-along to BRC. :punk::punk:

I should be there barring any weird demands from work schedule or fellow employee vacation demands for the same time. It will probably be a Canadian route this year so will include all those living in the Sudbury/ Toronto/ Montreal corridor for meetup/ ride-along to BRC. :punk::punk:

I'm in! All reno projects will be well done by then.

Mike

Glad you enjoyed the pass-the-hat collection that went around right under your nose!

It certainly wouldn't do to have your garage flooded out with a river of overflowing poo though, otherwise Tim may spin out and drop it during next year's driveway stunt. Then we'd all have to pitch in and pry his spikey ass out of the gravel! So I guess that's okay.:rofl_200:

Glad you enjoyed the pass-the-hat collection that went around right under your nose!

It certainly wouldn't do to have your garage flooded out with a river of overflowing poo though, otherwise Tim may spin out and drop it during next year's driveway stunt. Then we'd all have to pitch in and pry his spikey ass out of the gravel! So I guess that's okay.:rofl_200:

Ah, you guys are too sneaky for me!! :th_11:

Yeah, the river of poo wouldn't do at all.....but, just think of the jokes!!

A turd for each spike!!!.......The Poopie Paler!!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Poor COPRUNNER there would be no end!! :punk:

Ah, you guys are too sneaky for me!! :th_11:

Yeah, the river of poo wouldn't do at all.....but, just think of the jokes!!

A turd for each spike!!!.......The Poopie Paler!!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Poor COPRUNNER there would be no end!! :punk:

Jesus LOL wth is this means :rofl_200::
"A turd for each spike!!!.......The Poopie Paler!!!"

I was never good with jargon :rofl_200:

Jesus LOL wth is this means :rofl_200::
"A turd for each spike!!!.......The Poopie Paler!!!"

I was never good with jargon :rofl_200:

Sorry Przemek....I just had a mental picture of Timmy with a turd (poopie) on the end of each spike....all caused by an overflowing septic system! :rofl_200:

Attachments

• 100_2156.jpg
    100_2156.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 7
For those of us late arrivals here , what is this brownie thing of which you speak ...? :confused2:

Back