Aftermarket horn for the Max??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax06

Reaction score
I was wondering whether or not there are some "LOUD" aftermarket horns for the vmax... I dont even want to use the stock puny one... it just doesnt do the max any justice... Its like being an adult male with a voice of a 6 year old...

With all the stupid drivers where i live, i need something "LOUD" to wake those fuckers up, also, something that would be heard on the highway.

Looked on ebay, didnt find a single thing...

In my opinion, this is one of the most useful modifications you can do to your max...

I was wondering whether or not there are some "LOUD" aftermarket horns for the vmax... I dont even want to use the stock puny one... it just doesnt do the max any justice... Its like being an adult male with a voice of a 6 year old...

With all the stupid drivers where i live, i need something "LOUD" to wake those fuckers up, also, something that would be heard on the highway.

Looked on ebay, didnt find a single thing...

In my opinion, this is one of the most useful modifications you can do to your max...

If ya can stash it, this is one loud puppy. I have one ordered that I plan on stashing behind my bellypan.
http://www.bikerhiway.com/stebel-na...paign=frgl&utm_medium=frgl&utm_source=froogle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVKM8jSwBU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAKD-m44s40&feature=related

Yip , Stebel is what ya need . Really piss them off and get 2 . :punk:

I thought about it, but I could only fit one. :bang head: Check out the 1:20 mark in my helmet cam test video I did a while back.

Gal was looking at me the entire time.:real mad: This is also a prime example of the nancy boy horn that come stock on these beasts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATUAFPOa5cc

Stebel, wolo or fiamm are good.
Stebel and wolo are twin tone horns in a single piece, for the fiamm it's a set of 2 horns.
Stebel and wolo look pretty much the same and look better build quality.

I made the error to get some cheap ones on ebay. It was great until I got a storm on my face. Now it sounds like wet firework :rofl_200: and one is dead.

So avoid the cheapest one, you can still get branded one with a good deal.

On the stiebel and wolo you might not need to re-wire since they're single units.
I believe it's plug and go setup, but maybe i'm wrong.
For others, you will usually get a relay with fuse in order to make the wiring simple.

Whatever horn(s) you choose use a relay. Stock is pretty loud if it's wired with a relay. The Stebel air horn requires a relay or you will probably damage the horn.

I have the stebel on my Rocket III, and I ordered one to install on the max, but have not installed it as of yet. The stebel comes with a relay and YOU NEED TO USE IT otherwise you will only get a squeak, or get nothing, or worse, fry the wires.

I also separated the pump from the horn on my rocket and may do the same on the max, depending on where I find a home for it. It's pretty easy to do, and you can connect the two with some tubing.

I'll do a walkthrough for the stebel horn, relay and all, on my "transformation" thread once I get to installing it. Probably another week or two. If you are itching to do it now, its not all that hard to figure out, or you can find a couple of different walkthroughs around the net, including one that I did for the rocket on the R3owners.com site. Only difference would be the physical mounting points.

Oh yeah ... the stebel is VERY loud. I love it.

My Max came with the two-piece Fiamm horns, they hang off the highway pegs on mine. Definitely better than the stock, but still not super loud. Sounds like a car horn. If I'm going 80 and hit the horn, I can still hear it decently over the holeshot's and wind noise. The stock horn on my Magna was lost at any sort of highway speed.

I need something good for my truck too....4 ton truck and the horn sounds like something that should be on a scooter. A quiet, wussy little *meep*. The Prius has a better horn, and that's one sad little car.

Thanx for the input guys, i would definitely be interested in something that is "plug and play"

Definitely the best thing is to add a relay, so that you get solid voltage to the horn from the battery - after it's been through all the wiring to and from the horn switch there's not enough left to really make it sound any good.

Check out my horns thread, I documented how to install a pair of horns in the engine guards with a relay. Worked great but the fleaBay $15 horn were rubbish. I recently replaced them with a pair of Fiamm AM80s ($28 from PepBoys) and they are LOUD with the relay. Basically exactly as loud and same sound as my Crown Vic, people DO pay attention! lol..

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5691&highlight=dual+horns

Back