an unusual question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
has anyone ever tried building a mailbox using the scoops?
thought that would be neat in my front yard.

Hadn't thought of that but it's a great idea.. As long as you live in a neighborhood that won't steal them off the box....

No , but I made these. A scoop one would be pretty easy...........with real scoops!

Attachments

• 94 vulcan 750 006.jpg
    94 vulcan 750 006.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 94 vulcan 750 018.jpg
    94 vulcan 750 018.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 29
I've never heard of mailbox scoops, Hmm sounds like there might be a market :punk:
Pierre makes some sweet sounding cigar and tea box guitars. We joked around about him makeing one from the scoops. I Think he's going forward with it.

Think Garretts brother is doing plastic side covers and scoops....he could probly fix you up with some plastic ones.

Where's Garrett.....hey Garrett!!! GARRETT!!!

i'm here i'm here! what do you guys want and i'll pass the word along, or make him come here and read it.

would it be the scoops back to back making a mailbox or would it be the faux tank as the top with the scoops on the side? Since I am employeed with a custom woodwork shop I could get one of our guys to do it on the side. Just need the design to get some kind of rough pricing.

When I first heard the idea for a scoop mailbox, the first design that jumped in to my noggin was a cube shape with the scoops mounted on the side, a faux tank cover on top, immatation engine (prolly made from painted wood) benieth the scoops and a mock radiator w/ grill in the front acting as the door.

I had that thought a couple yrs. ago when i got my custom paint done. I have my stock 'tins' hanging on the wall in the man cave. I didn't want to butcher them so i decided against it. I may revisit the idea if i can find some onfleabay that are slightly damaged.

would it be the scoops back to back making a mailbox or would it be the faux tank as the top with the scoops on the side? Since I am employeed with a custom woodwork shop I could get one of our guys to do it on the side. Just need the design to get some kind of rough pricing.

The guy I know(my father-in-law) Is 76 and may not "get it", so this is prolly the way to go. would be much cooler with the faux cover

hmmmm, maybe make some scoops out of fiberglass and make a mail box out of that? hmmmmm

Latest posts

Back