And another Rat jumps ship...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...I get Americans luv guns...won't go down the right to bear arms blah blah....

But can someone tell me why a normal person....that goes hunting,target shooting or just carries for self defence needs Armour Piercing rounds ?????????

Ok...I get Americans luv guns...won't go down the right to bear arms blah blah....

But can someone tell me why a normal person....that goes hunting,target shooting or just carries for self defence needs Armour Piercing rounds ?????????

A few good reasons.

1. The bad guys have protective vests as well as the police.
2. See thread in Burn Out Pit regarding " How to catch wild pigs ".
3. The right to bear arms amendment was written by our founding fathers in order to protect the Republic , not the Democracy , from a tyrannical GOVERNMENT !!!!

There honestly is no reason to have armor piercing rounds for hunting, target shooting and protection are a different story tho. When I go target shooting I use the same ammo that I would if I were shooting to protect myself. The ammo actually shoots different even tho target rounds are cheaper I prefer to use the same ammo at all times. As for self protection well ya just never know how prepared someone is when they do whatever they do to get shot. Bullet proof vests are as available in the States as are the guns and ammo designed to shoot through them. If a perp were to be wearing full armor when they were doing their crime less likely the chance of serious injury while say robbing a store. Now if the clerk shoots with a regular round then the bad guy gets his shot. If the round is already an armor piercing round well then it doesnt matter if the perp was wearing armor or not they are going down.

These are my opinions tho. I keep hollow points in my .40 Glock 27 and I keep armor piercing rounds in my AR I also keep 1 oz slugs in my shotgun.

I dont hunt much

Well m855 is not "armor piercing" anyway. It was never designed for that purpose. Plus any rifle ammo will zip right through level II and most level III armor. So I guess we shouldn't have any rifle ammo huh?

I for one think that they can KMA. The government has no place to tell me what I can and can't have.

Ever shot an armadillo? They're armored! HA!

Seriously, if you have to ask a question like that, you simply will never understand, regardless of the answers given.

+4. Any ban leads to another. Yes we luv our guns, and our freedom. They go hand in hand. We can't have one without the other. Meanwhile, flame throwers are legal in most states.
uhm00000.gif

Last edited:
Back