Any Michigan gurus that can help me out?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngzrxer

Reaction score
Bought a "max a few weeks ago and have several issues..Carbs, oil leak, odd noise......Anybody willing to take a look for free beer or authentic Hungarian goulash? Desperate here!!! I live in Howell if that helps :bang head:
________
CL200

Last edited:
My wife says she is willing to cook a big pot of it homemade if I stop bitching about my bike :bang head::bang head::bang head: The real thing with potatoes, pork, paprika, etc..my wife moved here 8 years ago..not the truck stop macaroni noodles and sauce...This bartering is the only option I have left :( haha
________
Yamaha RX 100 specifications

Last edited:
Perhaps describing the problems and letting some of the "gurus" talk you through the repairs is the way to go.

Well to be honest, I think i bought a shitbox..But here it goes...

Died while riding last week...traced it down to a bad battery..Replaced, running again....Tested and battery is maintaining a charge while running

Got it goin tonight, noticed excessive clicking when I turned on the key...Assuming the vboost.....Which brings in another can of worms, jetting is extremely f'd up....Stuck float in one carb (pisses out fuel below 5k rpm) and generally runs like shit through the entire rpm range....Would like somebody to look and give me their more experience opinion

But while running it in my garage tonight, it started pissing oil all over the front header and the ground..I have no idea how a bike can go from no oil leak to insane leak in the matter of 5 minutes..But it did...:bang head: Also noticed a ticking noise that wasn't there before that only seems to come when its warm.

Im not looking for anybody to do work for me, I am somewhat mechanically inclinded...But everytime I turn around something else goes to crap, and I would feel a lot better having somebody who knows these very well to give me some pointers...
________
aromed vaporizers

Last edited:
1. a lot of clicking can be the fuel pump, sounds like it, esp if the gas is overflowing. get ur floats first, then u may have to do the diaphragm fix.

2. try lightly tapping on the suspect carb to see if that clears up the float with a rubber mallet, if not ur gonna have to crack the carbs.

3. oil can be the puke up near the airbox. how full is your oil? how new is your oil?

ticking, no idea.

I can and will get the float fixed..Do you have a link for the diaphragm fix? ive been reading a lot and never saw it?

Tried rapping the carb, no avail :damn angry:

I dont have an airbox....Would it puke right out the carb? I dont wanna run it to much until I have better ideas, my hindle is pissing off my neighbors badly :punk:
________
iolite vaporizer

Last edited:
Do you have a digital camera to post some pics and maybe some video of it running and ticking/leaking oil??

Atleast until we can ID a local repairman..........

Fuel pump diaphragm fix HERE.

Good luck with this dude. I'm not too far away but I am really just learning how to wrench myself and it sounds like I wouldn't be of much help. Too bad though - Hungarian goulash...

Anyway, the max is definitely worth putting some work into - once she's running well and you hit that Vboost you'll shit your pants with joy. Take advantage of the help you can get online here. These guys have been great.

Heres some pictures..I can see a lot of seepage and where the leak comes from, looks like where the head bolts to the block :damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::gun shoot:

DSC00877.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

________
Suzuki Boulevard S50 picture

Last edited:
It's a coolant leak. If you remove the square cover (allen bolt) you'll see a rubber plug with a threaded hole. They shrink/harden with age and will leak. I recommend replacing your coolant and replacing these plugs.

I gotta say to me that looks like a leaking head gasket..

Try going about a foot back, then you camera should be able to focus. Or are you using your phone?

I am using an old camera....I will try to take some better ones tomorrow..Leaking headgasket doesn't sound good though...Damn man I sold a nice Triumph to buy this thing too...I wouldnt even know where to start..i mean I have no problem tearing down and replacing, but Ive never measured to see if the head is warped, other problems, tired engine, etc....
________
apple games

Last edited:
well a good start is www.vmaxoutlaw.com

there you can download the Yamaha Service Manual, which has all the troubleshooting tips as well as all the specs.

Let hope it's just a valve cover gasket, that'll be a helluva lot easier to deal with.

Get those pictures in and we'll see! Also Sean Morley's our man - if anyone can tell he will!

Latest posts

Back