anybody know what size tire this is

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillrepair

Reaction score
i really like this bike... would love to make mine look similar... anybody know the rear tire size in the pic or what rear fender he's using? are those longer fork tubes?
http://p1.bikepics.com/2009/09/25/bikepics-1789161-full.jpg
it looks like a stock swingarm but i cant tell.
http://p1.bikepics.com/2009/09/29/bikepics-1792651-full.jpg
i would try to email the guy who put this pic on bikepics but it doesn't seem like members can communicate on that site and i found nothing on google.

would love to do a rendition of this bike.. it looks like there is some frame modification in the back too eh?

the front is dunlop, but the rear is some bridgestone exedra or something... thats the one i'm wondering about.... it looks like a taller sidewall then stock but i don't know enough about motorcycle tires.

Mark, unless my old, tired eyes are really playing tricks on me this afternoon, that tire in the pic sure looks to say bridgestone on it's sidewall, although you have to be good at reading backwards & upsidedown to see it. It is Bridgestone's Exedra tire. I can't make out any sizing info on it.

I think about 1/2 of the 85's, when released, had the Bridgestones, and the other half had Dunlops. As I remember, both those tires were raised white lettered. I know the Qualifiers still are. Not sure what ever happened to the OEM 'Stones, and whether they still make them or not.

I think stock size. The black wheel and cut fender give the illusion of a higher sidewall.

the front is dunlop, but the rear is some bridgestone exedra or something... thats the one i'm wondering about.... it looks like a taller sidewall then stock but i don't know enough about motorcycle tires.

Stock Bridgestone Exedra...

Cut down the back and the tire gets bigger, reminds me of a custom Eliminator

emiles_eliminator_800.jpg

No one mentioned the front forks are raked out. Or is that just me?

hard to tell pat. i just noticed the flat stock frame braces. kinda neat.

yeah... it looks like its raked, or the fork tubes are longer? thanks everyone for the input. i'm gonna need a new rear tire sometime in the next year so this one looks nice. do those frame braces really make a big difference? i can feel a certain flexiness during turns but i wonder if its worth dropping a couple hundo on frame bracing. i need some progressive front springs too i think.

yeah... it looks like its raked, or the fork tubes are longer? thanks everyone for the input. i'm gonna need a new rear tire sometime in the next year so this one looks nice. do those frame braces really make a big difference? i can feel a certain flexiness during turns but i wonder if its worth dropping a couple hundo on frame bracing. i need some progressive front springs too i think.
Yes the frame braces made a difference. HUGE..I dont know,,,because I had already done a fork brace, progressive springs, and preload adjusters before I did the frame braces. Now I could tell a difference though even with everything done after i put on the frame braces. After that I put on progressive 418 rear shocks.

If I would've done the frame braces first, i probably would've seen more of a difference.

No one mentioned the front forks are raked out. Or is that just me?

I'd say for sure the front is kicked out, look at the distance from the radiator to the front fender....easily twice what a stock bike is.

Attachments

• 100_3342.jpg
    100_3342.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 18
I wouldn't say so, everything up around the stem looks stock - the wheel is turned slightly, take a look at this guy for comparison

$T2eC16V,!)UE9s3wCOmbBR5S3lfLH!~~60_12.JPG

Yer right, the wheel is turned slightly to the left....it wouldn't take much to change the radiator to fender distance, for sure. Could even be the bobbed fender making it appear extended...:confused2:

Tough looking bike tho! :punk:

Latest posts

Back