Anyone seen the belly pans with lights?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
I was looking at new possible mods over the winter and I came accross a belly pan that had a light on each side( perfect for nighttime pothole avoidance) but I can't find it again and if i'm going to have it done for this year I gotta find it quick before my other parts come back from paint. If anyone knows of or sees it please let me know where I can buy it. Thanks, Ed

I'd be somewhat worried about adding another 110w of load to the electrical system....the stock system is marginal at best just for what's already on the bike...I don't think it would like essentially doubling it's current load.

With a high output(Venture) stator and a beefier R/R you could probably swing it, I have no issue getting 14.4v powering a 100w headlamp and the fan motor with a Rick's stator and ZX14 mosfet style r/r.

Exactrep, under bodywork. It's called the "Night Fighter"

Yep, that's the one, now I'm not sure I like the look. I hate when I do that. I buy stuff sometimes then after I get it I change my mind and it never makes it onto the bike. But Thanks alot, it was driving me nuts trying to find it again. Ed

I'd be somewhat worried about adding another 110w of load to the electrical system....the stock system is marginal at best just for what's already on the bike...I don't think it would like essentially doubling it's current load.

With a high output(Venture) stator and a beefier R/R you could probably swing it, I have no issue getting 14.4v powering a 100w headlamp and the fan motor with a Rick's stator and ZX14 mosfet style r/r.

That's a good point as well, I'll have to look into that before I buy it. Thanks, Ed

I wonder if those lights could be upgraded with LEDs which would greatly reduce the electrical draw.

That's a real good idea Brian, I'll have to do some checking into that as well. LEDs would be a way better option. They would be alot brighter I would think as well. Now it seems you'd have to really watch pulling into anywhere that's higher ( say loading onto a trailer) not that I trailer mine much but wouldn't that hit the bellypan? Seeing that there are hills everywhere around here. Anyone with one wanna weigh in on this?

Whos doing your paint Ed?

A good friend of mine owns a high end custom car and bike shop. So he's doing the House of Kolors base. And another good friend Ron Tonnetti is gonna do the graphics he owns R/T cycles in West View he's been in tons of custom bike magazines. I feel your pain Bill about the small fortune in paint. Ed

Also if you need to reduce the draw on the electrical, swap out the front turn signals and the rear brake light with leds', thats going to free up a bunch since the front turn signal and rear brake light serve as running lights..

That's a real good idea Brian, I'll have to do some checking into that as well. LEDs would be a way better option. They would be alot brighter I would think as well. Now it seems you'd have to really watch pulling into anywhere that's higher ( say loading onto a trailer) not that I trailer mine much but wouldn't that hit the bellypan? Seeing that there are hills everywhere around here. Anyone with one wanna weigh in on this?

Bellypans will scrape , especially if you've lowered it through fork springs or USD forks . I take mine off for the twisties as well .

Attachments

• DSC01863.jpg
    DSC01863.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 34
Also if you need to reduce the draw on the electrical, swap out the front turn signals and the rear brake light with leds', thats going to free up a bunch since the front turn signal and rear brake light serve as running lights..

I already have an LED taillight, so there's half the battle, first though I have to see if I can get LEDs in the size I need for the pan

Bellypans will scrape , especially if you've lowered it through fork springs or USD forks . I take mine off for the twisties as well .

Thanks for that info, and that's a really cool looking bike. if I ever get a second max that's the look I'd probably go for, something that requires a whole lot less polishing ( of chrome I mean ) but more everyday rider friendly. Again, Cool bike

I already have an LED taillight, so there's half the battle, first though I have to see if I can get LEDs in the size I need for the pan

Currently you'll have a tough time finding LEDs that will "replace" a 55w halogen bulb. Do they exist? Yes. Are they cheap and readily available? Not at all. And the ones that do exist are drastically less efficient with power than you'd think for an LED. The LED headlight is still a few years from being practical and affordable.

There are some options here, but if you're expecting the same light output of a regular H3/4 you'll be disappointed.

+1......the signals are in the neighborhood of 104W alone.....

I did that and it helped, if it can be LED's then they are...

I'm running two 100 watt halogens up front (modified cybermax headlight) with no problems.
The real key is getting rid of all the weak spots (connections) in the electrical system.

Mine idles at 13.2 volts with the headlights on, about 14.3 with 'em off.

The TCI pulls about 60 watts, besides the headlights it's the biggest load on the bike.

+1......the signals are in the neighborhood of 104W alone.....

How'd you figure that out?....the front signals are 8/27 dual filaments, the rear are 27 single filament. Normal riding is only pulling 16W from the signals, with another 16W from the double bulb tail light.

Back