Attempted Break In

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rollie

Reaction score
I had an attempted break in last night . Someone pried open two downstairs window screens in my man cave . I usually don't feed the pups until the morning.

Attachments

• Dogs - Pray My Human Gets To You Before Me.jpg
    Dogs - Pray My Human Gets To You Before Me.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 68
Wow....do you live in a neighborhood. ...or out in the country?

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

My pup is getting too old, she would likely scold the intruder for waking her then go back to bed. The firearms still work well though!

Glad it was attempted instead of a success, I hope the damage isn't costly.

No telling when It might happen. I'm glad they didn't get in Rollie. I'm going to get a nice puppy and train him right. Most thief's will pass on a house with a dog, unless they want something there badly. in between wrenching, I did a stint as a night supervisor for a large residential/commercial security firm, . I saw a lot of attempts, and actual break ins. An alarm alone isn't adequate, and they do get by them. Crooks aren't dumb. Dogs, bright lights help, & known armed owners are all deterrents to a thief. A home invasion is my worst nightmare. Weapons are feel good tools for sure, but unless readily available...
Steve-o

One window screen was unlatched and on the ground with pry marks in the middle of the bottom of the screen , a second screen had pry marks at the same location of the screen but it had not been unlatched or dislodged from its secured position on the window. No pry marks on the wooden window sills , so it appears fingers or a pry tool or screw driver maybe wrapped in cloth was used to pry the aluminum window screens. No big damages incurred , but we have had 3 murders within a mile of our house in the last 6 months. We live at the end of a cul-de-sac , dead end street with only 6 houses on the block. Our house is secluded from the street by trees , bushes , etc., so you could be in the yard w/o being seen from the street.

I'm not worried about myself , but NOTHING is going to happen to my wife , and my daughter lives next door with my grandsons. She is going through a divorce with a former police officer who happens to have a special ed diploma from high school and is a pathological liar , cannot hold down a job for more than a year at a time , and is fighting her tooth and nail over custody of the boys. His old man has money and is financing the divorce. I'm more than a little frustrated that I can't help but so much ,$8K to date from my retirement fund in attorneys fees and we haven't taken depositions yet.

I AM concerned that teenagers may be at work here , they might gain access , and my state of mind might not be in a forgiving mode in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
Teenagers huh? :hmmm: Forget the bear traps. Something more along this line might be more appropriate?

nail trap.jpg

Remember the Death Wish III Charles Bronson movie? The one where he goes to visit his friend who dies, and Bronson helps the other apt building dwellers fight-off the 'motorcycle gang hoodlums?'

The scene in that I liked was the booby trap Bronson set below a window, they're having dinner and hear, "thwack!" When Bronson checks the booby trap, it's got two bloody eye teeth imbedded into it, below the open window.

It also starred his presentation case Wildey .475 Magnum used to drop a SLR-camera snatching gang member. Bronson used the camera as bait to draw-out the felon, and to drop him w/the .475.

I'm thinking kids, because a professional would have waited until no one was home.
ClickHandler.ashx

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3q7qr_death-wish-3-theatrical-trailer_shortfilms

Maybe something as simple as motion-sensor lights would be enough to discourage any mischief. As Steve pointed out, thieves don't like bright lights.
Just mount them high enough so that the bulbs cannot be removed easily, and hide any power wires that could be cut (unless you opt for solar powered lights)
Cheers!

R.E. the automatic targeting paintball gun:
Kinda makes it rough for the postman, police, or firefighters/EMS

Last edited:
We've had several day time break ins in my area. I pretty much rely on my dogs during the day. I have 3. My lab is a big old baby, but he has a big bark and you'd really have to think twice before coming in. My heelers are always on alert. Really nothing gets near the house without me knowing.

Remember the Death Wish III Charles Bronson movie? The one where he goes to visit his friend who dies, and Bronson helps the other apt building dwellers fight-off the 'motorcycle gang hoodlums?'

The scene in that I liked was the booby trap Bronson set below a window, they're having dinner and hear, "thwack!" When Bronson checks the booby trap, it's got two bloody eye teeth imbedded into it, below the open window.

It also starred his presentation case Wildey .475 Magnum used to drop a SLR-camera snatching gang member. Bronson used the camera as bait to draw-out the felon, and to drop him w/the .475.

I'm thinking kids, because a professional would have waited until no one was home.
ClickHandler.ashx

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3q7qr_death-wish-3-theatrical-trailer_shortfilms

Awesome movie. "Don't worry. Wildey can catch him."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDl24PsqzdQ

We've had several day time break ins in my area. I pretty much rely on my dogs during the day. I have 3. My lab is a big old baby, but he has a big bark and you'd really have to think twice before coming in. My heelers are always on alert. Really nothing gets near the house without me knowing.

Yup, that's my set up too....the dog gives me time to get to the little gun, little gun gets me to the big gun and that gets me to my 381HP Tundra P/U....if the threat is confined to the interior then everything is concluded at step 2!

Rollie....things sound a bit rough right now, hope they smooth out for you soon!

Thanks Danny , I appreciate the concern.

It's good to vent with friends 'cause they'll call you out before you do something stupid or give some sage advice from their past experiences. :clapping:

Back