Auxiliary Light Bar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree with hatter... and no idea on your link man

Yeah it is a bit pricey, but it may fit the needs of someone or may spark one of our resident machinists interest enough to make a couple up.:confused2: FWIW, Just some random info I ran across but have no need or plan to get one.

piaa%20light%20bar_lg.jpg

I found this PIAA light bar and thought I'd share for anyone interested. It might just add that extra light you were looking for. Cumberland Products is the company.

Very cool looking light bar for sure, but with the limited stator output on the max, a few months ago I opted for a "Xetronic Digital HID Xenon H4 Motorcycle Headlight Kit". Fairly simple install too as it mount into the same OEM H4 bulb housing and wiring harness.

It's output is so good I'll never go back to the stock 55watt halogen. I chose the "diamond blue" Xenon bulb at 6000K so the colors at night are more true to color and can be seen in the day time too. I got the Xetronic brand kit with Hi/Lo beam option and it cost about $250.00 US for the kit.

This single light kit has 300% more output lumen's and only uses 35watts. Too sweet!!!:clapping:

Xetronic H4 Page.jpg

I Purchased here: www.xtralights.com

PS: You will need to do a small mod to get the bulb to fit inside the OEM headlight dish. You'll need to drill about a 2" dia. hole in the back (bottom) of the OEM dish which is chromed plastic, so the ass end of the new HID Xenon bulb and wires can protrude out the back. The lamp is about 1/4" to long to fit inside without the mod. Well worth the effort. (about 2-3 hours to install)

Don't worry the kit is totally water proof including the ballast which I mounted to the bottom of the triple tree bracket.

Looks like there is no need for running lights any more - YeeeeeHaaa.

BrianK
85" Vmax
Houston
bdk2272-5125

Speaking of headlights anybody know what the white wire with the green strip is for going into the headlight? Mine was cut for some time now and I just noitced the other day it was in two. I didn't notice anything different with it cut or back together once I fixed it. Thanks in advance.

Speaking of headlights anybody know what the white wire with the green strip is for going into the headlight? Mine was cut for some time now and I just noitced the other day it was in two. I didn't notice anything different with it cut or back together once I fixed it. Thanks in advance.

don't recall that wire...

here's a pic from KJ... which wire is it?

actually there is a better picture here:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=6674&page=2

Attachments

• headlight1qj2.jpg
    headlight1qj2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 31
From that pic its the white wire. Mine has a green stripe on it leading me to think its a ground wire?

From that pic its the white wire. Mine has a green stripe on it leading me to think its a ground wire?

i think its the ground to the speedo bulbs.... theres a weird circle with two unconnecting pins on the wiring diagram so not sure what that means...

i'll le tsomeone w/more exp chime in!

all i have is the pdf of the service manaual as a wiring diagram right now, my good haynes on ( in colour) is home

The Clymer I have shows three wires going to the speedo. The white/green which goes directly from the turn signal relay to the speedo itself, a solid blue coming from the rest of the running lights that power the speedo lights, and a common ground. The turn signals cancel after 150m traveled and 15 seconds, so the white/green must be a sensor wire that shuts off the turn relay after the seconds and distance traveled is met. This might explain also why you never noticed anything wrong; I always cancel it manually, and never would have known about the self cancelling if I hadn't read about it. The cancelling feature is explained in the owners manual which I don't have on hand, and no camera either or I'd post the diagram. If this isn't it then I'm out of ideas!:confused2:

Thanks for the info, yes I always turn it off myself.

that makes sense eh? i bet if you reconnect it it would self cancel again...

Latest posts

Back