Bar End Mirrors?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you got a pic of your bike with these on by any chance?

attachment.php

attachment.php

43086024-1767-40b6.jpg

43086024-1784-fd59.jpg

43086024-1792-f072.jpg

nice set up. what kind of bars are those? you know the length by any chance? i was just gonna chg mine but looking for longer then the standard 27-28 inch drag bars. cool grips too

from sean eh? was thinking of getting those but wasnt sure what they looked like on the max...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a7752d36&vxp=mtr i have these and love them...with my drag bars i can actually see...i tried the round ones and all i could see is the lane next to me or my shoulders...i put these on and it is like a totally different view

Does the blue tinted glass have any effect on vision, particularly at night? I really like the functionally of these. I tried the small round ones and they were not very usable to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a7752d36&vxp=mtr i have these and love them...with my drag bars i can actually see...i tried the round ones and all i could see is the lane next to me or my shoulders...i put these on and it is like a totally different view

+1. i've tried flipping these upside-down into sort of a cafe racer position, and they looked pretty cool, but i couldn't see shit with them like that. so i have them setup in the "conventional" position and they aren't bad. i just don't know if it's the mirrors, or if its the headlight or something on the front end that is bothering me and my monkey. :rofl_200:

Got my mirros on today. They seem to work and look pretty good. The downside is that there is a gap now between the bar end and the stock grip. Anybody know of anywhere where I can get a shim or spacer to put inbetween them? Not really wanting to change grips since I do like the factory ones.

+1. i've tried flipping these upside-down into sort of a cafe racer position, and they looked pretty cool, but i couldn't see shit with them like that. so i have them setup in the "conventional" position and they aren't bad. i just don't know if it's the mirrors, or if its the headlight or something on the front end that is bothering me and my monkey. :rofl_200:

Got my mirros on today. They seem to work and look pretty good. The downside is that there is a gap now between the bar end and the stock grip. Anybody know of anywhere where I can get a shim or spacer to put inbetween them? Not really wanting to change grips since I do like the factory ones.

ninjaneer, is that a marks system and a 2.5 outlet? if so how do you like it, how loud, stupid bug the neighbors or just decent lol

vmax06, you got pics of your new mirrors?

i bought a spare grip and cut out little 'donuts' to take in that space.

i think i still have it if you want me to cut some and u have stock grips?

PM me and let me know dimensions if you do.

:hijacked:
sorry for the hijack. hehehehe

ninjaneer, is that a marks system and a 2.5 outlet? if so how do you like it, how loud, stupid bug the neighbors or just decent lol

tugla: yes, they are marks; yes, i am loving it; no, they are 2.25s. as far as loudness, put it this way, revving stock to 6k is about ~113 dB and idling marks is ~113 dB. but dB levels aren't a good indication of the quality of the tone, which is fuller and deeper than stock. here have a listen (i messed up a couple of times and didn't set the dB meter into a wider sensor range, oh well. also the trite saying of the "vid doesn't do it justice" applies.)

http://youtu.be/-PKCFzsY0xQ

i have to start the max up outside of my garage because it starts resonating and garage door starts shaking. this causes the wife who is trying to sleep off the graveyard shift on the other side of the house to come screaming into the garage demanding that i knock it off. LOL. with that being said, i don't know if i'm losing my hearing or i've acclimated to the exhaust, but i'm saving up to switch the cans out with a set of 2.5s...maybe 2.75s...we'll see.

great video ninja......even with the db that high at idle it seems a bit quiet lol maybe after hearing it open headers its hard to compare lol now im thinking i should go with 2.5:punk:

I just removed the left grip and then re-glued it in the correct position so there was no gap.

On the throttle side, the throttle tube was longer than the grip. I trimmed the plastic throttle tube flush with the grip and slid the whole assembly over to the end of the bar.

Back