Be careful out there .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
I know most of you fellas are in a winter but over here there headlines galore as a biker overteking on a blind corner hit a group of 3 bikes . 2 dead 1 serious . Now i see alot of stupid shit out there mainly sport bikes . How bout you guys whats the worse you have seen .:confused2:

I have a few GF's that are nurses and work in the ER. I hear all the motorcycle wrecks since she knows I ride and how I ride. I guess the worst story I heard was a guy messed up went over the handlebars. The worst part was the motorcyle landed on him but the handlebar part got in his Ass which ripped it open..
Its sad but I am going to say that 75% of riders shouldnt be on a motorcycle. Many get lucky and never find themselves in a postion to where they need to react and use skill. Those 25% of riders are skilled and ride to the limits.
Not hard to get a motorcycle liscense, not hard to get approved for a loan, not hard to get a motorcycle moving, not hard to ride a motorcycle down a road.. shit hits the fan when they need to react in prevention of an accident or one level up seeing ahead and preventing an accident.
But ohh well we have a high amount of stupid people on earth so I guess thats why we dont have strict criterias to meet to own and operate motorcycles.

+1 Donn,

I also put some of the wrecks on parent's shoulders. How many kids are flying wild out there cause mommy and daddy bought them a 600 cookie cutter with the thought pattern of "it's only a 600, how fast can it be, after all my 600 wasn't all that quick back in 1972"

I pissed off a friend of mine's kid a while back, John was going to by his kid a GSXR 600, till I mentioned thats not really the proper bike for his 17-year-old. He about shit when I told him how fast the modern 600's were.

Needless to say the kid ended up with a cruiser style 600, I think it is a VTX. He hates me for it cause all his buddies ride sport bikes, but at least he'll hate me for a while :) 2 of his friends have already totaled thier bikes last summer screwing around.

Back on topic, the worst I've seen was a guy who became detached from parts after he took a corner too fast and rode into a guardrail then a fence.

Also had a friend go down without a helmet, was in a coma for about a week. He recovered only to drop his harley again at high speed while trying to avoid a animal that shot out of the woods. again no helmet, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Couldn't agree with Lankee & K J more-it's a combination of both the parents & the kids/squids.

1) Parents shell out the coin, usually as a reaction to the quilt trip the kid lays down, "all my friends have them, and it's ONLY a 600....."

2) How much experience driving high powered motorcycles can a 17 yr old kid have?

It's a quaranteed recipe for disaster!

The worst-a buddy went down when his mid 70's Kaw triple death machine went into it's famous speed wobble. He tumbled & slid for over 400 feet, wearing sandals, shorts and a t-shirt. Very few bones broke, maybe an ankle or two and a wrist, but of course nearly 100% of his skin was left on the blacktop.

They gave him 'last rites' figuring he wouldn't make it thru the nite, but he survived. Recovery was months of infections, kidney failure, skin grafts, on & on.

My 13 y.o. nephew wants to buy a R6 or the like when he can ride it at 16. My brother and I told him it not gonna happen. We said he would be much better off perfecting his skills on a dirtbike. I know my brother will not buy him a bike so he will have to earn the money himself. I know that is going to be a while before he even gets a dirt bike.:biglaugh:
The worst bike accidents I have seen, I have heard of worse, is my brothers accident. He's had a few, but his first was the worst. He was travelling too fast on a road with cars parked on the shoulder for a graduation party. Of course Gramma was leaving in her older cadillac and couldn't see past the cars so she just pulled out, my brother tried to stop (100' skid mark) but ran into the big steel bumper of that caddy. He was wearing soft soled shoes so he had some major foot damage when it got smushed between the engine case and bumper. There was still some of the shoe left jammed in between the mangled brake/ footpeg/ engine case when I picked up the bike. But his worse injuriy came when he landed 200' away in the opposite side of the road in the ditch. He broke his back in at least 2 places, messed up his shoulder and arm. But he was lucky b/c somewhere during the accident he lost his helmet, most likely when he landed in the ditch. The doctors did a great job of putting his foot back together but he still complains about his back. What a wimp! :rofl_200:(j/k)
IMO if he had the same set of experiances today he would just brake and ride around granny's cadillac. Sure, probably mess his bvd's, but would not of had the trauma his body suffered b/c he was so inexperianced.
I hope all of you and your riding buddies have a safe riding season in 2009. :thunbs up: Always wear the proper gear, keep your bikes maintained, well modded and ride within your skill level. I know we all like to push it now and again, so please be safe!:punk:

I know most of you fellas are in a winter but over here there headlines galore as a biker overteking on a blind corner hit a group of 3 bikes . 2 dead 1 serious . Now i see alot of stupid shit out there mainly sport bikes . How bout you guys whats the worse you have seen .:confused2:

I've seen some shit up on Angeles Crest that would give a man religion.

I'll never understand it myself. Even if you're an excellent rider, much less a squid, trying to take these toolie ass canyon roads at 98% is just stupid. It's not the track. There's cars, road debris, etc, etc, etc. You can be the best there is, when you whup around a corner with the pipes dragging and there's three big ass rocks in the road and a car on the shoulder (Azusa canyon anyone?) you're on your way out. I'm all for having a little fun, cutting a little loose, but all things in moderation man, or it's a short life.

Lets see living near Sturgis and being ex law enforcement, I have seen a few. Usually there are about 7-10 fatalities during the week. Helmet usually would have prevented death except for the guy that actually lost his head.

Back